5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To EV or not to EV - that is the question

Would you buy an EV truck?

• Total voters

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's a pretty vague question.
Would I buy a TRX that has a 1000+ hp electric motor instead of a Hellcat? Yes.
Would I buy a Ford Ranger with a 200 hp electric motor? No.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope not unless my occupation changes and I go back to working locally again. Ev is nothing but a additional headache for me working state to state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Depends. Truck?, not any of the current offerings, but if I had a long commute with charging available I would consider some of the cheaper car options.

U

User_3336

no way in **** I'd buy an Electric Truck. Look at the dismal results of the F150 Lightning (TFL).

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For a fleet/work truck in town it would be an excellent option and more likley to pay for the premium in reduced maintenance and potentially 'fuel' savi gs depending g on utility options. For my current personal use maybe if it had a range extender like the rumored Ram Rav REPB concept. I would be very interested in a PHEV truck however as our PHEV Pacifica has been excellent in it's 1st year of ownership and allows us to make 90% of our trips on electric buy still take road trips without issue.

Users who are viewing this thread