5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tires for 22 inch wheels

Wilrob

Reaction score
I have a 19 ram 1500 with the 22 inch wheels. Everyone keeps telling me that the tires look too small to be on my truck. I want to keep the 22 inch rims but what are some tire sizes that are bigger than the 285 45 22 tires that came with the truck can I try?

Grouper

Reaction score
I have a 19 ram 1500 with the 22 inch wheels. Everyone keeps telling me that the tires look too small to be on my truck. I want to keep the 22 inch rims but what are some tire sizes that are bigger than the 285 45 22 tires that came with the truck can I try?

Happy reading.

Reaction score
I will save you a little bit of reading and say that I installed 305/45/22 on my 2019 Limited and I thought it was much "fuller" in appearance than the stock size. I was pleased.......until the wheels and tires were stolen 3 weeks later.

Wilrob

Reaction score
I will save you a little bit of reading and say that I installed 305/45/22 on my 2019 Limited and I thought it was much "fuller" in appearance than the stock size. I was pleased.......until the wheels and tires were stolen 3 weeks later.
Oh no! Sorry to hear that. I dont mean to diminish the theft but you said you liked the fuller look. Did it make any type of difference to the ride or gas mileage that you noticed in a 3 week period? Again sorry about the theft.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The OEM tire diameter is 32 inches, too small for a truck according to most, and the 22 inch rim magnifies that. A 33 inch tire will fit just fine and fill out the wheel well much better. If you're up for some trimming of front fender liners/mud guards you can squeeze a 34 in there, just watch the width as inference with the upper control arm is an issue. That can be fixed with wheel spacers however. Good luck and have fun tumbling down the rabbit hole

Edit: Great resource to narrow your search, https://tiresize.com/calculator/

Reaction score
Yes, I liked the look and am going back today for another set of 305's. No noticeable difference in gas mileage. Very, very slight rubbing in reverse at full lock. Not enough for me to even worry about trimming

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the new wheels/tires I had put on today. Haven't seen them in person yet as the mechanic sent me this photo.

Attachments

• trucknewwheels.jpg
    trucknewwheels.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 691

Wilrob

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the new wheels/tires I had put on today. Haven't seen them in person yet as the mechanic sent me this photo.
Yeah that looks nice. Thanks. Maybe I will go a little smaller than 305 if that's possible. To try and avoid the rubbing on reverse.

Wilrob

Reaction score
The OEM tire diameter is 32 inches, too small for a truck according to most, and the 22 inch rim magnifies that. A 33 inch tire will fit just fine and fill out the wheel well much better. If you're up for some trimming of front fender liners/mud guards you can squeeze a 34 in there, just watch the width as inference with the upper control arm is an issue. That can be fixed with wheel spacers however. Good luck and have fun tumbling down the rabbit hole

Edit: Great resource to narrow your search, https://tiresize.com/calculator/
Thanks. I dont want to do any trimming so I will check out the 33 inch diameter. Thanks for the advice and knowledge.

Boston

Reaction score
Combining your two threads a 22 inch all terrain tire.

Hmmmm. Play around with Tirerack’s site for leads.

Morenar

Reaction score
Take a look at this thread. 285/55/22's. This is a bit taller than the 45's you are wanting to do and it fills in pretty well. Thinking of doing the same tire setup after getting my 3.5 Lift.

Users who are viewing this thread