5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tires are on!...finally have all my RC 3.5" lift finished!

smckelvey89

Reaction score
i put the rc 3.5 strut kit with rc uca, rode around for a while like that until i couldn't stomach the rake anymore. i just installed the ICON 1.5 rear springs and rc v2 monotube rear shocks and it leveled it perfectly. it may be a 1/8 inch higher than the front if that but it looks amazing and it also drives significantly better. and im able to clear 35x12.5x20 nitto ridge grapplers and 2inch spacers and still manage to keep a stock ride quality haha
Any pictures?

doolin64

Reaction score
I'
i put the rc 3.5 strut kit with rc uca, rode around for a while like that until i couldn't stomach the rake anymore. i just installed the ICON 1.5 rear springs and rc v2 monotube rear shocks and it leveled it perfectly. it may be a 1/8 inch higher than the front if that but it looks amazing and it also drives significantly better. and im able to clear 35x12.5x20 nitto ridge grapplers and 2inch spacers and still manage to keep a stock ride quality haha

What did you have a for a rear lift? The RC rear spacer? I have no idea why RC includes such a small spacer. That's why I went with the Supreme Suspension spacer myself.

I updated my measurement in a previous post. I've settled a 1/4" up front after only a couple days of drive (80ish miles). Prior to the lift I had 2" of measured rake. Ideally I'd like to have 1" of measured rake. I'm just not sure my strut will settle that much more. I'm guessing after a 1000 miles or so, they will probably settle into the 3.5" of specified lift...so another 1/4" of settlement from where I'm at now.

Chuck19

Reaction score
Very happy with the results overall. No review yet on the tires. Other than they are quiet going down the road.
Looks bad *** man! I have my kit on order and my silver 21 was just delivered to the dealer. Mine will be done soon. Did you end up going 35” tires

doolin64

Reaction score
Thank you. They're 285/55/22. Per Maxxis they measure 34.8x11.6. The same tire in a 35x12.5 measures 34.8x 12.4. So I gave up about 3/4" of width.

AA1mike

Reaction score
This is what I am putting on my rebel. Nothing for the back..hope I sit close to level on setting 5 on the strut.. 401F4675-D6DC-4A62-8FD1-4D497BAEFBA8.jpeg

ScoopsyPotato

Reaction score
Any measurements on the overall height difference? I'm going with a similar setup in the very near future with some parts already in hand. I'm gonna be going the 3.5" Readylift route on 35s mounted to Fuel Rebels with the identical truck as you even down to the sport hood

doolin64

Reaction score
Any issues with the truck shifting different since you went with a larger tire? Or did you recalibrate your speedometer?

I have not recalibrated yet. I'm off about 2mph when driving below 45mph. On the highway at 65mph or greater I'm off about 4mph. I do plan to recalibrate, but with the 3.92's it's not a necessity IMO. I haven't found it to shift oddly like I did in my Gladiator. That truck had 35's and 4.10's but it needed a recalibration and shifted much better.

Chuck19

Reaction score
Finally got my lift! Scheduled to be installed on Tuesday. I currently have 33’s and hope it won’t look to bad with them but I’m afraid I’m gonna have to drop another 2k on freaking 35’s! 😡 I cant believe they are that high right now 🤦🏼‍♂️

Chuck19

Reaction score
I have not recalibrated yet. I'm off about 2mph when driving below 45mph. On the highway at 65mph or greater I'm off about 4mph. I do plan to recalibrate, but with the 3.92's it's not a necessity IMO. I haven't found it to shift oddly like I did in my Gladiator. That truck had 35's and 4.10's but it needed a recalibration and shifted much better.
Still loving the kit and the ride!?

Nelo718

Reaction score
Most certainly will take measurements. I plan to lift and drive with stock tires for a couple of weeks to let things settle and decide how it rides compared to stock. Then add my tires after that. It won't be easy to hold off on the tires, but in the name of science I will make that sacrifice. LOL

Personally I want a touch of rake. Anytime people say their truck is dead level (when taking measurements) the overall look to me is not right. I think it looks nose high. I'm really hoping by measurements, my rear will be 1 inch higher than the front. Giving it a level look with out looking like it has as saggy bottom.

I have read the Rough Country 3.5" rear lift spacer only lifts around 1" of rear height. You have to call them and ask for a larger spacer. Since I was piece mealing this kit together, I went the Supreme Suspension 2" rear spacer. which is just a touch higher than the Readylift 3.5" rear spacer. I posted pics on that already in another thread.
Is your truck 4x4 ? I have 2wd wonderimg if this will fit? Thanks

Nelo718

Reaction score
Will this fit a 2wd ? Their 2" strut lit does fit and appear to be identical..

Users who are viewing this thread