5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire Recommendation

kjk05006

Reaction score
I am looking for some recommendations on new tires. I have a 2019 Limited which currently has the stock tires.

I am looking to replace with something that will give me good traction in rain in the summer and snow in the winter. I don't offroad but do need to get to work during snow. We also trailer a boat so need traction on the boat ramp.

A lot of the recommendations I am seeing on here are for those with a lift kit etc which I do not have.

I would prefer a tire that is somewhat quiet on the road and doesn't murder the MPG. Any suggestions?

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Michelin Defender LTX M/S or the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W seems to be the big choices. I personally have the Defender tires. They are a great all around tire.

Had to update.Sorry had the wrong on for the AT3

Last edited:

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Falken Wildpeak A/T3W is the best

Currently I'm testing the Yokohama X-AT and they're doing a wonderful job in snow, sleet, rain, MPG, smootheness, etc. There are some other pretty good tires on the market today but that Falken is still the best. I haven't found a tire yet that's done better in a wide range of environments.

Birdman_2000

Reaction score
Truck came with the Falkens. Pretty happy how they have held up. I would do them again. Might try and go up in size a bit.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Truck came with the Falkens. Pretty happy how they have held up. I would do them again. Might try and go up in size a bit.
If I was going to a more aggressive looking tire, I believe my choice would be the Falken Wildpeak AT/3W too as I have not heard anyone on this forum complain about them...or maybe I missed it. They also appear to be priced very reasonably.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I was going to a more aggressive looking tire, I believe my choice would be the Falken Wildpeak AT/3W too as I have not heard anyone on this forum complain about them...or maybe I missed it. They also appear to be priced very reasonably.

Big time endorsement for the falkens (wildpeak a/t3w) from me, I got them a few years ago for about $75 cheaper/tire than bfg ko2's. I believe their prices have risen since then but still very competitive, and aside from that their performance is awesome. Drove through plenty of snow/ice in the northeast with them, and also through the snow/ice storm of the century down south through all of those storms in early-mid February. The falkens were awesome through all of it, had about 30k miles on them by the time we took that southern trip so I was very impressed with their performance.

New truck I have on order has them too, although apparently a slightly different version (wildpeak a/t3wa?). I'm curious to see how different they are performance wise, if any.

Last edited:

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Big time endorsement for the falkens (wildpeak a/t3w) from me, I got them a few years ago for about $75 cheaper/tire than bfg ko2's. I believe their prices have risen since then but still very competitive, and aside from that their performance is awesome. Drove through plenty of snow/ice in the northeast with them, and also through the snow/ice storm of the century down south through all of those storms in early February. The falkens were awesome through all of it, had about 30k miles on them by the time we took that southern trip so I was very impressed with their performance.

New truck I have on order has them too, although apparently a slightly different version (wildpeak a/t3wa?). I'm curious to see how different they are performance wise, if any.
The OEM tire for the ORG is the Falken Wildpeak A/T3WA. More of a street tread pattern than off-road tread.

I went the Nitto Ridge Grappler route (not much snow in SoCal) and my dad has the Wildpeak A/T3W tires and is very happy with them. Plus they come with a 55K mile warranty.

If I was dealing with snowy winters I would have gone the A/T3W route as well.

OEM ORG tire (Falken Wildpeak A/T3WA):

wa.jpg

Falken Wildpeak A/T3W:

w.jpg

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a set of the Wild Peak A/T3w when they first came out years ago and I would definitely recommend them. I currently have Goodyear Wrangler Ultraterrains and I like these even better. They can only be had at discount tire though

Attachments

• 781F2EBB-9B61-4B11-A778-2A04BA10D17B.jpeg
    781F2EBB-9B61-4B11-A778-2A04BA10D17B.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 47

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I vote Michelin Defenders's as well. They are quiet, very smooth, and have excellent traction in snow as well from the brief time I was able to test them this winter.

river rat

Reaction score
I have the 20" wheels

Current wheels (came on truck) are Bridgestone Dueller H/L Alenza 275/55R20

Don't think you can go wrong with any of the popular suggestions. My advice would be to go with at least a 33" tire, no matter what brand.

Truckguy

Reaction score
Once you go up to a 275/65 tire which is a 33 inch weight will start becoming a factor imo. The Dueler Revo 3 is an interesting tire for your wants. I went Ridge Grappler in 275/65/20 xl rated and with the mild lift I lost 3mpg. After a little break in period they have done great. We had snow and ice and in 4-auto I don’t think I ever spun. We do t get a ton of snow but several 3-6 inch snows this year to test them in.

41magmag41

Reaction score
I'm on my second set of Falkens, 53000 miles on my girl and just put the second set on her. Cant go wrong, i'm in NH in the snow belt and never do a winter change over.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Once you go up to a 275/65 tire which is a 33 inch weight will start becoming a factor imo. The Dueler Revo 3 is an interesting tire for your wants. I went Ridge Grappler in 275/65/20 xl rated and with the mild lift I lost 3mpg. After a little break in period they have done great. We had snow and ice and in 4-auto I don’t think I ever spun. We do t get a ton of snow but several 3-6 inch snows this year to test them in.
275/65 is a 34” tire. 275/60 is 33”

Jabberjaw

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Open Country AT3s? I’m looking to swap out my stock Duelers ...not going bigger than stock. I spend a good amount of time on gravel/dirt “roads”, so I need a good set of ATs.

Users who are viewing this thread