5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire recommendation please

Coody113

Reaction score
2020 1500 Laramie Sport. The stock Bridgestones Dueler H/L's have 24K on them and are almost done. Pretty disappointing considering I baby them, I rotate at every oil change (4K-5K miles), and keep pressures where they should be. Anyway, I'm looking for an all season, sport profile in the original size 275/50/20. My preferences are low noise, comfort, good treadwear, and I'd prefer not to take a hit on gas mileage. I don't go offroading, so my typical use is daily in town and highway

driving. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
I have a 2020 Ram as well. Im pretty aggressive driver and I got about 20 out of my Factory tires. I moved to Nitto Terra Grapplers and I've put 46k on them and they are half tread. I've gotten 65k out of a set on a F250. They are great tires and very minimal if any road noise

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram as well. Im pretty aggressive driver and I got about 20 out of my Factory tires. I moved to Nitto Terra Grapplers and I've put 46k on them and they are half tread. I've gotten 65k out of a set on a F250. They are great tires and very minimal if any road noise

Man am I glad to hear this …. Just bought Terras for my 22 ….. Everybody kept tryin to talk me into Ridge or Recon Graps … I didn’t want them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man am I glad to hear this …. Just bought Terras for my 22 ….. Everybody kept tryin to talk me into Ridge or Recon Graps … I didn’t want them

Terra Grapplers were definitely on my list too!

Tommyb63

Reaction score
I’m reading about the Michelin Cross Climate 2 and they look amazing. Checks all the boxes for a year round street tire where you might see some snow. I’m just not seeing the size I need. Anyone know if they’re going to be available in bigger sizes?

sylent_snyper

Reaction score
I’m reading about the Michelin Cross Climate 2 and they look amazing. Checks all the boxes for a year round street tire where you might see some snow. I’m just not seeing the size I need. Anyone know if they’re going to be available in bigger sizes?
Based on their statement that the newly expanded size offering (2021) now covers 76% of the cars and crossovers made, I don't see this being a tire for trucks. Especially since they've got that market covered with other models already.

Merlin

Reaction score
I just put the Michelin Defender M/T 275/55 r20s on my truck. I have only gone a few miles but it feels weird, steering feels lighter, as opposed to my Nexen factory tires. Anyone else notice a huge difference. Im thinking Im gonna like the way the truck rides now. Tires are a softer compound than those nexens. Anyone else have any input?
Wrong Tires listed above. They are Michelin Defender LTX M/S
After driving around today they are quiet and I really like them. Guess I got used to driving on the rocks with the name nexen on them. (Thank you To BowersFJ for pointing out my mistake so subtely.) :)

Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just put the Michelin Defender M/T 275/55 r20s on my truck. I have only gone a few miles but it feels weird, steering feels lighter, as opposed to my Nexen factory tires. Anyone else notice a huge difference. Im thinking Im gonna like the way the truck rides now. Tires are a softer compound than those nexens. Anyone else have any input?
LOVED my Defenders!

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Didn’t even know they made an MT

Merlin

Reaction score
Didn’t even know they made an MT

Sorry about that, i put the wrong tire, Michelin Defender LTX M/S Tires. I will correct original post . Thank you.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I have these on my Passat and I think they are great tires for my car, but I don't think Michelin has any plans on making them for trucks

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Recently I’ve run Michelin LTX AT2, Firestone Destination, BF Goodrich A/T KO2 and Cooper Discover AT3.

BFG’s are a nice looking tire but wet and snow traction really decreased after the first 10,000 miles.

The Cooper’s are by far my favorite tire in all conditions and they last incredibly long for an A/T tire. Ride is smooth and quiet. Price was very good too. I’ve heard of guys getting up to 100,000 miles on those tires.

Ratchet

Reaction score
Always been a Michelin LTX M/S guy on my previous Grand Cherokees. Went with the plus sized Michelin AT2's on the Ram. Does well for what I need them to do. Not as quiet as the LTX/Defenders, but that's to be expected as the tread is quite a bit more agressive.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport, I recommend the Michelin Defender LTX M/S or Continental CrossContact LX20 in the size 275/50/20. Both of these tires offer a quiet, comfortable ride with good treadwear and minimal impact on gas mileage.
The Continental CrossContact LX20 is another solid option, providing a smooth and quiet ride, with a focus on durability. These tires should meet your preferences for comfort and treadwear, ensuring you get good value for your investment.
Either that's a /60/ or a //22?

ZZZ

Reaction score
Check out Tire Rack's information for tires. The site has a lot of information listing test results and customer reviews concerning what attributes are important to you. For the issues important to me, Michelin LTX and Continental's TerrainContact HT were the top choices. Went with the Continental's due to price. So far, I'm very satisfied with them. Used the savings to go with a bigger tire than OEM's (285/60/R20)

Ccroce

Reaction score
Check out Tire Rack's information for tires. The site has a lot of information listing test results and customer reviews concerning what attributes are important to you. For the issues important to me, Michelin LTX and Continental's TerrainContact HT were the top choices. Went with the Continental's due to price. So far, I'm very satisfied with them. Used the savings to go with a bigger tire than OEM's (285/60/R20)
How are you liking the Contis? I had both of those on my list, but the Defenders were not available. Ended up going with Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3 today as my second choice. I think Tire Rack had them in an SUV touring category instead of the highway one, but reviews seem really good. We’ll see. Not crazy about how they look.

Attachments

• 71950840369__DCB71737-0D21-462F-ACF8-80A59DD2F662.jpeg
    71950840369__DCB71737-0D21-462F-ACF8-80A59DD2F662.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1238.jpeg
    IMG_1238.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1237.jpeg
    IMG_1237.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1236.jpeg
    IMG_1236.jpeg
    212.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1235.jpeg
    IMG_1235.jpeg
    247.3 KB · Views: 36

1923bob

Reaction score
Totally agree...COOL LOOKING is far more important than ride quality, noise, wet and dry traction, safety, etc. We should all buy tires solely based on the way they make your truck look...totally agree😂
M/T is working good for me,

Attachments

• IMG_8949.PNG
    IMG_8949.PNG
    800.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8948.PNG
    IMG_8948.PNG
    808.9 KB · Views: 34

Users who are viewing this thread