5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire help

Black19

Reaction score
2 weeks ago I put new wheels and Toyo Open Country AT3 LT285/60/20 on. Messed with the pressure for a few days and drove in dry & rain.
Love the look, love the performance in the dry, but the wet is down right dangerous!
Install shop is willing to swap, my question is what do I go with…Brand, size?
Background, had Falken AT3W in P275/60/20 and was amazed by them, drove them for years and was ready for something different.
Falken new AT4 is so darn heavy I wet with Toyo.

Que33

Reaction score
2 weeks ago I put new wheels and Toyo Open Country AT3 LT285/60/20 on. Messed with the pressure for a few days and drove in dry & rain.
Love the look, love the performance in the dry, but the wet is down right dangerous!
Install shop is willing to swap, my question is what do I go with…Brand, size?
Background, had Falken AT3W in P275/60/20 and was amazed by them, drove them for years and was ready for something different.
Falken new AT4 is so darn heavy I wet with Toyo.
Whats dangerous about them... Never had a issue with MTs in the rain. I'm just running cheap Chinese radar r7 MTs at 41psi and have no issues.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
I have the the toyo oc at3 also and don’t like the ride on wet pavement . That was
The biggest disappointment . They are great as far as road noise and in the snow and I didn’t feel much of any mpg loss but my next tire will be different. 44k miles on them so far

Black19

Reaction score
Whats dangerous about them... Never had a issue with MTs in the rain. I'm just running cheap Chinese radar r7 MTs at 41psi and have no issues.

My Falkens would spin, ever now and then. But only when I tried to. The Toyo’s surprised me in that they would spin just pulling out. Definitely not trying to spin and every time I had trouble.

Que33

Reaction score
My Falkens would spin, ever now and then. But only when I tried to. The Toyo’s surprised me in that they would spin just pulling out. Definitely not trying to spin and every time I had trouble.
Fair. Mine break loose if I try as well I just don't dog on it

Black19

Reaction score
2” RC leveling strut up front, 1” spacer in the rear. Looking for an AT.
2019 Bighorn 3:92 crewcab.

Que33

Reaction score
2” RC leveling strut up front, 1” spacer in the rear. Looking for an AT.
2019 Bighorn 3:92 crewcab.
I've liked the radar renegade AT, I've got the 3:92 rear end with a 2" ready lift level up front. No spacers. Running a 275/65r20 so a 34.1 by 11 wide on their MT I enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread