5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire fill assist

19 streak

Reaction score
Fellas,

I was playing around with the uconnect today while my wife was shopping. I can't across the "tire fill assist" option. It was selected from default by have zero idea what it does. Can anyone enlighten me?

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Operation:
• The horn will chirp to let the user know when to stop
filling the tire, when it reaches recommended pressure.
• The horn will chirp three times if the tire is over filled
and will continue to chirp every five seconds if the user
continues to inflate the tire.
• The horn will chirp once again when enough air is let
out to reach proper inflation level.
• The horn will also chirp three times if the tire is then
under-inflated and will continue to chirp every five
seconds if the user continues to deflate the tire

JJMcCool

Reaction score
Does the truck need to be running or on ACC or anything for this to work?

DakotaRam

Reaction score
I’ve only done it while it has been running. Never tried any other way. Works as advertised.

JJMcCool

Reaction score
Okay, now that's a pretty cool little feature. And it was right on the money with my favorite tire gauge.

Damion

Reaction score
My truck has tire fill assist listed on the build sheet, but no option for it in the u connect

Cueva del Osos

Reaction score
I have sporadic success with that feature (about the same as I had with it on the prior Acura). Bigger issue for me is that my TPMS is about 3# off (heavy) at my elevation (7,800'). I use a gauge to check pressures, fill with a Slime compressor that has LED pressure reading as you fill, then I note the TPMS readings and base future 'on the go' actions on any change in the TPMS readings.

gibbynd

Reaction score
I went to fill up with air the other day and this didn't work at all. I even had my screen on the TPMS. Am I missing something?

dsn112

Reaction score
I want to turn it off, but don't have the option in my settings. I am not running original equipment, so it beeps like crazy as I continue to fill it.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I found mine out the hard way and had to look into it (and then read the F-in manual to confirm it existed) ..
LOL

We had a few below-freezing nights, so I pulled into work before we opened and I had the rig running and grabbed my tire inflator. After a bit (as I was watching the gauge) it was like the truck alarm was going off .. or it was reading the gauge along with me .. HONK ..

OK .. weird ..
next tire ..
HONK ..
WTH!??

Master Tech came over and was like, "yeah it is telling you that your are at the proper pressure and you can stop filling." I was like, "BS DUDE BS - what is wrong" LOL

Perfect Idea if you ever have to stop at a Quik Filler-Up'r and they don't have a gauge, just the filler hose .. Nicely done, FCA .. nicely done!

peeceejay

Reaction score
I was just outside in the freezing cold with my air compressor and manual gauge trying to get my tires back up to temp - and it kept beeping at me and I had no idea why ... thought I was squashing my keys, or it was the door left open or ... I had no idea.

Googled, and found this - super cool feature.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'mine is turned on , but it's never honked at me or flashed lights as I filled tire. Tried in ACC, Run, and not on at all. Nothing. I use a air chuck with digital pressure gauge built in, so don't really need it, but expected it to work

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Operation:
• The horn will chirp to let the user know when to stop
filling the tire, when it reaches recommended pressure.
• The horn will chirp three times if the tire is over filled
and will continue to chirp every five seconds if the user
continues to inflate the tire.
• The horn will chirp once again when enough air is let
out to reach proper inflation level.
• The horn will also chirp three times if the tire is then
under-inflated and will continue to chirp every five
seconds if the user continues to deflate the tire
Is that only when the vehicle is running? I got my tire pressure in my P-rated tires to like 48 psi and heard nothing lol.

Users who are viewing this thread