5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire and lift advise

Jeepamc

Reaction score
Hey all. I have a 2019 ram 1500 4x4 with the 3.21 gears. I’ve tried to research, but can’t find exactly what I’m looking for.

How do I know if I have the off-road package, and does all off road packages have the factory 1 inch lift, even the ones without air ride?

Can I put a leveling spacer on my truck, even if I have the factory 1” lift?

Can I run 285 65 20 mud terrain tires on stock wheels with out an aftermarket lift, if I do have the off-road package with factory 1 inch lift (no air ride)?

I do tow some (boat, 4k weight, 4-5 times a month, 60-120 miles) with some longer (500 mile round trip, same trailer) mixed in a few times a year. How much will the bigger tires hurt my towing?

Thank you all for reading and all replies I get.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First measure your front and back height and what tire size do you have now.
I think the tire you are trying to put on is like a 34.5.
Even with the off road group you might have a hard time fitting that.
Yes the off road group has a 1" lift from factory even without air ride.
If you don't have the off road group you can add a 2" level spacer and leave the stock ucas.
A 2.5 level spacer would be up to you but an upgrade to ucas is recomended
If you have the off road group you can still add a 2" level spacer but must replace the ucas since you would have a total of 3" lift
1" off road + 2" spacer.
Also you might end up a bit nose hight.
I have read that most people that tow avoid this route or add a 1" spacer to the back to get some of the rake back specially for towing.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
BDS lift. 35s fit, no rubbing, no cutting. Yes, new wheels will be needed too. Drive line angles will be correct. You will be good.

RavenHemi19

Reaction score
I've been told that on a non off road truck, you can fit 35x12.5x20 with a level kit and 1/4" wheel spacers with no cutting or rubbing.

I can't verify this as mine is stock height. Just relaying the info I was given.

Also, if you aren't sure whether you have the off road package, you can go on the dodge website and get a copy of the window sticker and check the options list there. I had to do that after I got mine used.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I think orp 4x4’s have the stickers on the bed. Is that correct?

fish220sr

Reaction score
That is correct.Do not know if decal delete applies for the ORP?

puba08

Reaction score
Can’t you just look up your vin and see the window sticker? I know I did this with my 4th Gen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Naythan

Reaction score
I've been told that on a non off road truck, you can fit 35x12.5x20 with a level kit and 1/4" wheel spacers with no cutting or rubbing.

I can't verify this as mine is stock height. Just relaying the info I was given.

Also, if you aren't sure whether you have the off road package, you can go on the dodge website and get a copy of the window sticker and check the options list there. I had to do that after I got mine used.
I have a 2.5 inch level and as for tires/rims, stock offset with 35x12.5r22s (Fuel tires) and 2 inch spacers. No rubbing but not enough room to put mudflaps on the front. I also had to do minor trimming on the plastic inside the wheel wells. I have maybe 1/4 inch that sticks out past the stock flares on a Laramie 1500.

Attachments

• 20210415_183153.jpg
    20210415_183153.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 66

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Look at the shocks under your truck, the regular ones have red on the stickers and the ORP has green on the stickers. Either way you can absolutely fit those tires if you add something like a 2” spacer. I personally don’t recommend spending the extra money on bilsteins because I have them on my truck and literally noticed no difference at all - and this makes sense. The bilsteins use an adjustable perch to mount your coil higher up on the strut to gain lift. The problem is that the top of your strut is fixed length, so if you raise where the coil mounts but it still has to fit in the same size gap between the seat and the top, obviously the coil has to get compressed: this is called adding preload. When you add preload to a coil it’ll raise the truck but it also makes the ride stiffer. So the bilsteins shocks might help smoothen out your now stiffer coils, but the fact remains that you just made them stiffer by adding preload. On the flip side, if you just go the cheap route and add a top hat spacer that goes on top of the strut assembly it literally will have no effect on the stiffness of the coil. Another option (that I wish I would’ve looked into more) is the rough country 2” lift strut because it uses a 2” longer strut & 2” longer coil so you get the benefits of aftermarket shock tuning with no drawbacks of adding preload to your coils.
Hope that helps.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Decals can be easily removed. I'm assuming the OP bought this truck used, otherwise he'd probably know what equipment he has. The build sheet will list the ORG, if equipped. There is a link in the stickys, but here's a link for your convenience. Just enter your VIN and search for "Off Road Group". It will be listed under the optional equipment if your truck has it...

HookedonRam

Reaction score
Hey all. I have a 2019 ram 1500 4x4 with the 3.21 gears. I’ve tried to research, but can’t find exactly what I’m looking for.

How do I know if I have the off-road package, and does all off road packages have the factory 1 inch lift, even the ones without air ride?

Can I put a leveling spacer on my truck, even if I have the factory 1” lift?

Can I run 285 65 20 mud terrain tires on stock wheels with out an aftermarket lift, if I do have the off-road package with factory 1 inch lift (no air ride)?

I do tow some (boat, 4k weight, 4-5 times a month, 60-120 miles) with some longer (500 mile round trip, same trailer) mixed in a few times a year. How much will the bigger tires hurt my towing?

Thank you all for reading and all replies I get.
Window Sticker Lookup by VIN you can look up your window sticker and it should say if you have the ORP or not.

HookedonRam

Reaction score
Look at the shocks under your truck, the regular ones have red on the stickers and the ORP has green on the stickers. Either way you can absolutely fit those tires if you add something like a 2” spacer. I personally don’t recommend spending the extra money on bilsteins because I have them on my truck and literally noticed no difference at all - and this makes sense. The bilsteins use an adjustable perch to mount your coil higher up on the strut to gain lift. The problem is that the top of your strut is fixed length, so if you raise where the coil mounts but it still has to fit in the same size gap between the seat and the top, obviously the coil has to get compressed: this is called adding preload. When you add preload to a coil it’ll raise the truck but it also makes the ride stiffer. So the bilsteins shocks might help smoothen out your now stiffer coils, but the fact remains that you just made them stiffer by adding preload. On the flip side, if you just go the cheap route and add a top hat spacer that goes on top of the strut assembly it literally will have no effect on the stiffness of the coil. Another option (that I wish I would’ve looked into more) is the rough country 2” lift strut because it uses a 2” longer strut & 2” longer coil so you get the benefits of aftermarket shock tuning with no drawbacks of adding preload to your coils.
Hope that helps.
I don't have the ORP on my 19" and my suspension is horrid to be honest. I just ordered the Bilstein 6112s with 5100 rears and springs for the rear. However, I rather just purchase the strut mounts and related parts so it's an easy swap. Would you happen to know the parts numbers that are needed for the top mounts by any chance?

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I don't have the ORP on my 19" and my suspension is horrid to be honest. I just ordered the Bilstein 6112s with 5100 rears and springs for the rear. However, I rather just purchase the strut mounts and related parts so it's an easy swap. Would you happen to know the parts numbers that are needed for the top mounts by any chance?
The 6112s should have all that included. The thing you would need is new coils on the 6112s if you wanted to do just a quick swap of everything & not have to take off your old coil & put it back on the new 6112 strut.

Jackieee_Ram

Reaction score
The 6112s should have all that included. The thing you would need is new coils on the 6112s if you wanted to do just a quick swap of everything & not have to take off your old coil & put it back on the new 6112 strut.
The 6112s come with new springs already. For quick swap, purchase new top mounts to save some time

All_Black_Lone_Star

Reaction score
I have a 2.5 inch level and as for tires/rims, stock offset with 35x12.5r22s (Fuel tires) and 2 inch spacers. No rubbing but not enough room to put mudflaps on the front. I also had to do minor trimming on the plastic inside the wheel wells. I have maybe 1/4 inch that sticks out past the stock flares on a Laramie 1500.
Can you take a picture on what inner wheel well plastic you trimmed? I just added a 2.5 level and 35s. I am getting minor rubbing on full lock on the passenger side but cannot figure out where it is coming from.

Jeepamc

Reaction score
Thanks to everybody with the replies. So I searched, and I do have the off-road package. I ended up going with 275/65R20 cooper rugged trek. They fit good and don’t rub. But now I do want a leveling kit to make it look even better! I have some adjustable 5100s on order, but there is an 8 week lead time. Is there any other adjustable shocks to look at, or just wait on the 5100s? Thanks all!

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks to everybody with the replies. So I searched, and I do have the off-road package. I ended up going with 275/65R20 cooper rugged trek. They fit good and don’t rub. But now I do want a leveling kit to make it look even better! I have some adjustable 5100s on order, but there is an 8 week lead time. Is there any other adjustable shocks to look at, or just wait on the 5100s? Thanks all!
Eibach and belltech both have adjustable struts. Most here use the eibach as a second option. I went with belltech and happy with it. Part number 26020. Please post pics to see how those coopers look.

Attachments

• 20211220_194805.jpg
    20211220_194805.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread