5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tick?

vtcats

Reaction score
See (really LISTEN) to the link to a quick video/audio I made yesterday. I’ve read quite a bit about the Hemi tick here and I’m wondering if this is it?
I own a 2024 Limited E-tourque. Only have 3500 miles over almost 6 months. Have been very happy with this truck so far. Just yesterday I happened to notice this noise after starting it.
I’ve changed the oil already a little over 1000 miles and have another schedule 2 weeks from now. Which is a week or so before I’m scheduled to drive to Virginia and back with it.
It still seems to run great. I’ll stop by my dealer tomorrow (although I doubt they would ever come out to listen to it without an appointment as they are a very busy dealership).
From what I’ve read here about a “tick”, the main culprits are exhaust and then lifters or cam/both.
Interested in any experiences after listening to this sound.
Thanks

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
It says your video is private.

Could be the exhaust/manifolds. You should still have warranty, take it in asap

vtcats

Reaction score
It says your video is private.

Could be the exhaust/manifolds. You should still have warranty, take it in asap
Sorry, just switched to public. Yeah, I agree and will swing by without even an appt tomorrow, at the very least to get one.

Anchor Down

Reaction score
Manifold leaks. You are covered under the 8 year/80,000 mile federal emissions warranty. Take it in and have them replaced and tell them to check your Etorq system as well. Had all that replaced.

vtcats

Reaction score
Geesssh. I hope not. If they can’t replace before my Virginia trip later this month, what are the chances I can still drive it or will this get much worse or cause other issues?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Geesssh. I hope not. If they can’t replace before my Virginia trip later this month, what are the chances I can still drive it or will this get much worse or cause other issues?
It may get worse, but it definitely won’t get any better. Does it go away after the engine warms up?

vtcats

Reaction score
Haven’t had a chance to really run it since yesterday. Either later today or for sure tomorrow I’ll be able to get a better feel for the sound.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
if the leak is between the manifold and the head (say from a broken bolt), it can actually wear the mounting down with long term use. This could cause the new manifolds leak too. If it’s just a crack that goes away after warmup, I’d say it’ll be ok

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
if the leak is between the manifold and the head (say from a broken bolt), it can actually wear the mounting down with long term use. This could cause the new manifolds leak too. If it’s just a crack that goes away after warmup, I’d say it’ll be ok
I did have that concern due to having a busted stud, turned out to be a none issue.

Users who are viewing this thread