5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tick?

vtcats

Reaction score
If you wanted to you can check to see if you have a broken stud bolt by yourself. Make sure the truck is off course cold and sitting for a while. What ever side you hear it loudest on (or both). Reach in through the wheel well and pull on the the manifold shield and see if there is any give. This is how I was able to verify what side I had studs broken on and how many.
interesting. I was watching a video earlier today showing a guy (with a strong accent) replacing his manifolds. I’ll have to look again to get a better feel of where I can see the manifold shield. You are saying best access is through my wheel well? Does that mean I need to remove the tire to get to it?

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
interesting. I was watching a video earlier today showing a guy (with a strong accent) replacing his manifolds. I’ll have to look again to get a better feel of where I can see the manifold shield. You are saying best access is through my wheel well? Does that mean I need to remove the tire to get to it?
Here is a video I took before taking mine in for service. this is accessible with out removing tires and can reach past the UCA and give a slight tug on the shield to she were there is some give (broken stud)

vtcats

Reaction score
Here is a video I took before taking mine in for service. this is accessible with out removing tires and can reach past the UCA and give a slight tug on the shield to she were there is some give (broken stud)

Very helpful! I’ll look at this tomorrow and see what I can determine. Having said that, if this turned out to be as obvious as yours knowing the local dealership said, “no issue”, I would not be pleased.

Users who are viewing this thread