5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three beeps chime randomly while driving. What is my truck trying to tell me?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I tried going in settings and turning down the navigation volume since there is no volume for alerts other than that. I’ll see if it works when I drive later today, but I’m not holding my breath on that one.
4995C0FD-FC32-4E95-B59B-5F395D78F153.jpeg

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Try turning the volume down when the alert is actually happening to get it to lower the alert volume.
This will work. Also, what I posted before with the image is the volume that’s being turned down. Unfortunately, it turns down all navigation alerts, including Google maps and Apple Maps if you are using CarPlay. I’m guessing that will work the same for android as well. The upside though, is that I don’t jump when I get a random beeping anymore.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
It would be nice if you could turn off the alert and just have the ‘red light camera’ voice. The alert scares the bejesus out of me everytime

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It would be nice if you could turn off the alert and just have the ‘red light camera’ voice. The alert scares the bejesus out of me everytime
Yeah, there’s no option programmed for that. Someone would have to change the code for the gui and write a controller to split the logic for the features apart. They could have easily done that during development, but chose not to.

2001gw

Reaction score
I tried searching for this today in my 2021 Limited. I couldn't find this option. Is it just on the 2022's?

Last edited:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I tried searching for this today in my 2021 Limited. I couln't find this option. Is it just on the 2022's?
Yes, the screen I posted is uConnect5 only. I can’t remember what the setting would be for uConnect4, or if you can turn off alerts.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So glad I came across this thread because my 21 Laramie even with the 12 inch screen did not give me this alert but the 22 Limited does. A side note, at the bottom of the navigation settings screen, you can change it to visual only alert if you still want the alert with no sound.

Infralap

Reaction score
Hey everyone, last week I traded my 2019 Big Horn on a whim for a 2022 Limited. It was hard to pass up getting about $6K more on my trade than I originally paid for it (not to mention that I would assume we will be seeing decent jumps in the MSRP of new vehicles to align with this inflation). I struck while the iron was hot.

Anyway, the Limited clearly has far more features than my Big Horn did, and one that I cannot figure out is three random beeps that come from the dash while I am driving. I do not have the lane departure assist, so it is not related to that. I read somewhere that it may be alerts for favorites set up on Sirius/XM, also which I believe I have also ruled out. There are not any lights that come on the dash or anything like that, but I would like to know what it is trying to tell me.

Has anyone else experienced this and figured out what the setting is that is causing this? It has happened probably four times in my first week of ownership, so it is not everything I drive.

Thank you in advance for any guidance on what this may be!
hello everyone
I have a Laramine without navigation and o had the same issue. I am driving from Virginia to Texas and the beeping started in Alabama.

At first I thought it was a warning for rain (it happened right before the first rain drop)

Then I was thinking it was to let me know the headlights were turned on automatically

Then we were puzzle, could it be a collision alert, my older truck had something like this. But we were not close a collision.

All the beeps where while driving I85 and I65 at 45 to 50 MPH (was pulling a trailer and it was giving me too much feedback.

There were no red lights nearby (to our knowledge) and in one instance I saw the RPM cycle down at the same time as the beep. But this could also be a coincidence

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
hello everyone
I have a Laramine without navigation and o had the same issue. I am driving from Virginia to Texas and the beeping started in Alabama.

At first I thought it was a warning for rain (it happened right before the first rain drop)

Then I was thinking it was to let me know the headlights were turned on automatically

Then we were puzzle, could it be a collision alert, my older truck had something like this. But we were not close a collision.

All the beeps where while driving I85 and I65 at 45 to 50 MPH (was pulling a trailer and it was giving me too much feedback.

There were no red lights nearby (to our knowledge) and in one instance I saw the RPM cycle down at the same time as the beep. But this could also be a coincidence
it would help if you told us what you have
year
engine
and if you have the all the sensors

RamPost

Reaction score
It is alerting you that there is a red light camera coming up at the next intersection. You can go into the nav settings and turn it off or have it actually speak ‘red light camera’ as well. On the Nav screen it should show a graphic of a red light on the intersection.
Well damn it!

I live in rural Idaho. Two months into owning our 2023 Ram Limited, I drove to Spokane, Washington. I heard the three beeps, looked down at the instrument cluster, not the 12" nav screen, to see what was up and nothing was displayed. I then looked up to see that I had just ran a red light. A week later I igot a red light camera ticket in the mail. That will be $145, thanks.

It would have been nice to have received a "heads up" from the dealer about this feature.

The following is just me venting, but I look forward to responses from this group.

I also drive a Tesla Model 3. Everything I need to know while driving is on one center-mounted screen. Everything I need while driving can be operated without removing my hands from the steering wheel, and I only need to look to the center screen for information. It's pretty good, but I still don't find it as intuitive as an iPhone.

By contrast my 2023 Ram has buttons and switches on the headliner, on the driver's door, on the front of the steering wheel, on the back of the steering wheel, to the left of the steering column, to the right of the steering column, on all four sides of the touch screen, and on the driver's visor. This seems like a recipe for distracted driving.

And just three more things for Stelantis, when/if you visit here . . .

Two buttons on the steering wheel to activate cruise control? One for adaptive, and one for standard. In what circumstances would you want to use cruise control that wouldn't slow you down if you got too close to the car in front of you?

Please fix the firmware bug that causes the nav screen to ramdomly reboot to TomTom when I have Apple Car play displayed.

Lastly, nobody likes subscriptions, just include the lifetime premium connectivity for your app in the purchase price of the car and be done with it.

If you need a beta tester, let me know.

U

User_3336

@Y#$@#&$, I thought this was a new thread, but a newb revived it from a year and a half ago! LOL

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Well damn it!

I live in rural Idaho. Two months into owning our 2023 Ram Limited, I drove to Spokane, Washington. I heard the three beeps, looked down at the instrument cluster, not the 12" nav screen, to see what was up and nothing was displayed. I then looked up to see that I had just ran a red light. A week later I igot a red light camera ticket in the mail. That will be $145, thanks.

It would have been nice to have received a "heads up" from the dealer about this feature.

The following is just me venting, but I look forward to responses from this group.

I also drive a Tesla Model 3. Everything I need to know while driving is on one center-mounted screen. Everything I need while driving can be operated without removing my hands from the steering wheel, and I only need to look to the center screen for information. It's pretty good, but I still don't find it as intuitive as an iPhone.

By contrast my 2023 Ram has buttons and switches on the headliner, on the driver's door, on the front of the steering wheel, on the back of the steering wheel, to the left of the steering column, to the right of the steering column, on all four sides of the touch screen, and on the driver's visor. This seems like a recipe for distracted driving.

And just three more things for Stelantis, when/if you visit here . . .

Two buttons on the steering wheel to activate cruise control? One for adaptive, and one for standard. In what circumstances would you want to use cruise control that wouldn't slow you down if you got too close to the car in front of you?

Please fix the firmware bug that causes the nav screen to ramdomly reboot to TomTom when I have Apple Car play displayed.

Lastly, nobody likes subscriptions, just include the lifetime premium connectivity for your app in the purchase price of the car and be done with it.

If you need a beta tester, let me know.
should have done some research on what a 2023 limited has on it.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
My wifes Nissan Murano will disable adaptive cruise when the front mounted radar gets covered with snow or a layer of ice, and you then need to enable standard cruise (a multi button procedure) or none at all. I assume the Ram does the same. BUT, the way the Ram buttons are laid out, I know im going to hit the standard cruise one day by mistake and be expecting to slow down when coming up on someone !! In fact, ive done that already !
The Muranos radar is a very obvious square front and center below the grille. The Ram - Im not sure where it is ?

cerbo

Reaction score
Well driving my new 2024, first Ram, and been hearing this beep a few times. I was going to post a question on it but doing the search first I found this thread. Thanks all, I can now sleep tonight, LOL.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score

One of the reasons I don't have a GMC Denali is because they add $900 to the base price then pretend they are giving you 3 years of OnStar for free.

I don't want to pay a single dime for connected services since they are worth nothing to me.

U

User_3336

One of the reasons I don't have a GMC Denali is because they add $900 to the base price then pretend they are giving you 3 years of OnStar for free.

I don't want to pay a single dime for connected services since they are worth nothing to me.
Just like the dealer tells you that you're getting a FREE tank of gas with your purchase, YET you actually paid for it in the dealer doc fee!

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just like the dealer tells you that you're getting a FREE tank of gas with your purchase, YET you actually paid for it in the dealer doc fee!

Yes, nothing is free except the gas has a lot more value to me and I would be buying it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread