5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three beeps chime randomly while driving. What is my truck trying to tell me?

Sspearsau

Reaction score
Hey everyone, last week I traded my 2019 Big Horn on a whim for a 2022 Limited. It was hard to pass up getting about $6K more on my trade than I originally paid for it (not to mention that I would assume we will be seeing decent jumps in the MSRP of new vehicles to align with this inflation). I struck while the iron was hot.

Anyway, the Limited clearly has far more features than my Big Horn did, and one that I cannot figure out is three random beeps that come from the dash while I am driving. I do not have the lane departure assist, so it is not related to that. I read somewhere that it may be alerts for favorites set up on Sirius/XM, also which I believe I have also ruled out. There are not any lights that come on the dash or anything like that, but I would like to know what it is trying to tell me.

Has anyone else experienced this and figured out what the setting is that is causing this? It has happened probably four times in my first week of ownership, so it is not everything I drive.

Thank you in advance for any guidance on what this may be!

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Hey everyone, last week I traded my 2019 Big Horn on a whim for a 2022 Limited. It was hard to pass up getting about $6K more on my trade than I originally paid for it (not to mention that I would assume we will be seeing decent jumps in the MSRP of new vehicles to align with this inflation). I struck while the iron was hot.

Anyway, the Limited clearly has far more features than my Big Horn did, and one that I cannot figure out is three random beeps that come from the dash while I am driving. I do not have the lane departure assist, so it is not related to that. I read somewhere that it may be alerts for favorites set up on Sirius/XM, also which I believe I have also ruled out. There are not any lights that come on the dash or anything like that, but I would like to know what it is trying to tell me.

Has anyone else experienced this and figured out what the setting is that is causing this? It has happened probably four times in my first week of ownership, so it is not everything I drive.

Thank you in advance for any guidance on what this may be!
It is alerting you that there is a red light camera coming up at the next intersection. You can go into the nav settings and turn it off or have it actually speak ‘red light camera’ as well. On the Nav screen it should show a graphic of a red light on the intersection.

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Someone just posted this the other day. And I never seen a resolution. Good luck.

Sspearsau

Reaction score
Seat belt is always on.

@Rebel2022, I think you are on to something here. I will check that first thing in the morning, but I do recall one of the intersections I was approaching when I heard it definitely does have a red light camera.

Thank you for these suggestions!

speedbyu

[hacked account]
Reaction score
Seat belt is always on.

@Rebel2022, I think you are on to something here. I will check that first thing in the morning, but I do recall one of the intersections I was approaching when I heard it definitely does have a red light camera.

Or maybe a school zone warning on the Navi

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Seat belt is always on.

Yup, baffled me for weeks when I got mine. Went back to the dealer, they said it was forward collision warning so I turned all that off but it still did it. After a while I noticed it was always doing it in the same areas of the city and was able to figure it out.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I notice it does that for red light cameras and speed cameras just like Rebel2022 said. It annoys me because it makes the same ding sounds as my last 3 vehicles when they warned me about icy conditions. I don’t want to turn it off though in case I’m absent minded one day.

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With my wife’s car you can spray paint a X on the street and it will chime every time at that exact same spot.

If you drive down the other side of the street not a peep.

Don’t know what radiation is being eliminated at that one spot, perhaps an alien abduction site but try retracing your route where you got the chime.

Sspearsau

Reaction score
I confirmed this morning that it was absolutely the redlight cams, which is an option I have selected on the computer to warn. Really appreciate bringing clarity on this. Great feature, just wish it could be volumed down and maybe one or two beeps.

Reactions: c3k

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I confirmed this morning that it was absolutely the redlight cams, which is an option I have selected on the computer to warn. Really appreciate bringing clarity on this. Great feature, just wish it could be volumed down and maybe one or two beeps.
Yeah, it’s alarming sometimes if I’m not expecting it. I’m going to dig around in the menu and see if I can lower the volume. I’ll report back here if I’m successful.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've not heard of this before. Is it a 2022 thing? I have a '21 Rebel 12 and I don't think I have that option.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
My coworker has a 2020, says he has it. If your navigation is TomTom you have it. It might juat be turned off.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I definitely didn't have it in my ‘21 with UConnect4.

Nova90

Reaction score
Funny, just the other day, my 21 with UConnect4 chimed and startled me while approaching a railroad crossing.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Funny, just the other day, my 21 with UConnect4 chimed and startled me while approaching a railroad crossing.
That’s interesting, I wonder if there was an update I never got.

Users who are viewing this thread