5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts on this build and price?

Whiskeymike

Reaction score
Curious what you guys think of this build and the price offered. I'm in the beginning stages of serious research on pricing and which features are crucial. Have I missed anything?

I dont like the tow mirrors. Anyone know if the electronics are there to allow a swap out? Also, just realized it has the sunroof which I didn't really want.

Attachments

• 1500 573679588 copy.jpg
    1500 573679588 copy.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 91

edgarrian

Reaction score
Area makes a difference as to price. You may want to deal with another dealer. Keep in mind there will always be someone that's gotten a better deal than you. Take for instance people who fly out to Idaho and deal with the biggest Ram dealer in america. As for your question I personally think you could do better based on some results that i have seen from recent purchasers. I got 8000 off on mine. I knocked the warranty from 2200 to 1200, installed free molded mud flaps, 4 free oil changes. Some did better than me and others not so.

A commonly see that people leave out whether the truck is a crew cab or a quad cab which makes a difference.

Zinger

Reaction score
$2300 under "invoice" plus rebates was the best offer I was able to get. That was after 4 serious inquiries, two of which were in person. The two in person were the worst. Neither of them would budge or bothered to even followed up after I left the dealer.

Double check what rebates you qualify for, and contact more dealers via the internet. After enough you'll know where you stand and can ultimately decide. Pricing is highly dependent on location, time of the month and year, and the individual dealer.

I'm 100% happy with the purchase though, so I haven't let the idea that I might have gotten a better price somehow bother me one bit. At some point you have to either buy or drop the idea entirely.

Whiskeymike

Reaction score
Is there a spreadsheet available of all of the invoice prices so you can determine the invoice price? Last time I bought a Jeep, the forums had created a google spreadsheet and it made it really nice to build out and analyze the deal.

Whiskeymike

Reaction score
Assuming FWP is invoice. (It’s pretty close to Nadaguides says is invoice), this almost 5% under invoice, or $2452 under invoice.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say it’s bad, think you could do better. As your getting higher level adds that’s awesome . Yet it’s still not leather, which maybe your preference. I also didn’t realize rebels are that much more, geeze. As others said it all depends on area and dealer themselves. Really how you do it.... if you build one or just come across one on the lot as a factor.

My situation is way different then many but same as some. My best advice is always act and feel that a vehicle of any nature is not something you have to have. Your just looking........ oddly many things change in dealers minds.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's def not a bad price. Do you have a trade-in? That's a factor to consider as well. Assuming you don't, I'd say it is an ok deal. I got 7200 off msrp on an almost identical msrp to yours. I believe mine was 58,200 and I got 51k even plus they gave me a great deal on my trade which had to be at least worth an extra 1-2k, maybe more. I saw a couple of people here squeak out as much as 10k on a rebel but that is def not the norm and I'm not sure if there were other rebates they qualified for that you don't, so that wouldn't be an apples to apples comparison anyway. At the end of the day you're in the ballpark. Maybe you can squeeze another 1-2k out of it but on a vehicle this expensive over many years, it might not be worth losing the deal over. However, if you have time and patience on your side, you might be able to do a bit better by continuing to negotiate/waiting/looking. So it all depends on what is worth more to you. Good luck!

Rebel Yell

Reaction score
I think you have a decent price. Its, pretty close to employee price levels which in my buying experience for the Rebel is about the best you will do. If you can wait perhaps the incentives will be better later in the year. Outside of waiting for better incentives I think you have a fair deal. Like someone else said you will always find someone who got a better deal.

Users who are viewing this thread