5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts on SiriusXM renewal?

tobyw

Reaction score
The one feature that I enjoy is the real time info on fuel prices... not sure what level of subscription you need to keep that active?

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I renewed for a year at $100, and that also includes listening on the internet anywhere so I can stream from my phone to cars that don't get it or listen at work in my office, which is what I usually do.

If you don't listen, then it's not worth it. For me, I live in bumfuck Egypt and there's no radio stations out here that aren't run by robots so I like it.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
I just renewed the "select" edition which seems to have everything except for NFL and Nascar. It has ability for in car and on phone/internet also. $60 ($5 per month) for 12 months plus free Amazon Echo Dot. Figured I might as well renew since it works very well with the Uconnect.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just renewed the "select" edition which seems to have everything except for NFL and Nascar. It has ability for in car and on phone/internet also. $60 ($5 per month) for 12 months plus free Amazon Echo Dot. Figured I might as well renew since it works very well with the Uconnect.
Did you negotiate the $5 a month or did they send you an offer with those terms/services?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Call them and request the $5 for 12 months plan. I did that about six months ago.

My wife had to renew for her Lexus a couple of weeks ago, and they told her that it was no longer available, etc. and she said you either give me that plan or I‘m canceling.

Guess what, they renewed it. $5 per month for a year. ($78 and change after taxes and fees).

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's the latest offer I just got in the mail.
Wow! That's a price I'd go for.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 031222 miles

Partime43

Reaction score
I really hate how they force you to call and cancel. The other annoying thing is that everyone is paying different prices. They need to keep it simple like Netflix. Sign up or cancel online and everyone pays $5 a month. Their subscriber numbers would triple.
I wasn't planning on resubscribing but recently got a promo that was too good to pass up. $4.99 a month for 12 months and I pay monthly, not all in one shot.
Hold off and eventually a great deal will come along.
If you call to cancel they always drop the price, I enjoy it and only listen to it hate the nonstop commercials on free radio. $10 bucks is worth it to me.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just got the same offer in todays mail...postcard for $5 a month, 12 months cc charged.
Before I accept (mine runs out this April) is real-time traffic for sure a freebie without the Sirius subscription for 5 years like someone had said before? Where is that stated?

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Just got the same offer in todays mail...postcard for $5 a month, 12 months cc charged.
Before I accept (mine runs out this April) is real-time traffic for sure a freebie without the Sirius subscription for 5 years like someone had said before? Where is that stated?
It’s Stated on the window sticker of your vehicle

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Yes. Separate product, good for five years.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Did you negotiate the $5 a month or did they send you an offer with those terms/services?
They sent me the $5 for 12 months in the mail. Then I went to their website and it showed $5 for 6 months. Then i went to the siriusxm/bestoffers website and it showed $5 for 12 months. Then I logged into siriusxm.com and a banner across screen showed $5 for 12 months plus free echo dot. So I did that. Not sure why they play games with so many different prices.

Boston

Reaction score
I passed on that offer. I'd need to restart my long distance drives again to Re-up with Sirius.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
I passed on that offer. I'd need to restart my long distance drives again to Re-up with Sirius.
Good idea. We are on lockdown over here for covid-19 so not a lot of driving going on!

smankins

Reaction score
What is the real actual cost per month for this? When I looked at their $5/month offer it wound up being closer to $15/month after they added in all their "fees" and surcharges. Thanks.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
What is the real actual cost per month for this? When I looked at their $5/month offer it wound up being closer to $15/month after they added in all their "fees" and surcharges. Thanks.
It isn’t that much. Our $5 / mo plan ended up being $78 and change for a whole year.

FlyMike

Reaction score
I always tell them not to store my credit card on file and to send me a paper bill to renew. That way I don't have to worry about it auto renewing at their crazy normal rates. I'm currently on a $60/12mo plan on both of my vehicles.

If you have multiple vehicles with SiriusXM you can renew other ones early and get credit for unused months. I did that so I can renew them all at the same time at good rates.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I always tell them not to store my credit card on file and to send me a paper bill to renew. That way I don't have to worry about it auto renewing at their crazy normal rates. I'm currently on a $60/12mo plan on both of my vehicles.

If you have multiple vehicles with SiriusXM you can renew other ones early and get credit for unused months. I did that so I can renew them all at the same time at good rates.
This is what we do as well.

gpbst3

Reaction score
It isn’t that much. Our $5 / mo plan ended up being $78 and change for a whole year.

I just renewed for the same price. Nothing hidden and the pricing was shown on the website. Plus I get free echo dot.

Users who are viewing this thread