5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts on bed liner

Emarkowski24

Reaction score
Looking to add a bed liner to my 19 big horn. Just wanted to hear anyone’s experience preference after having one. I have a few options.

1. Spray in bed liner from a place (line x)

2. Dual liner drop in full liner

3. Mopar drop in bed liner (anyone ever get this before)

4.BedRug (last resort I know some people love it. I have the regular bed rug not the one with the sides and tbh I wanna go with a harder material)

thanks guys any input would be greatly appreciated.

Rockitman2000

Reaction score
Looking to add a bed liner to my 19 big horn. Just wanted to hear anyone’s experience preference after having one. I have a few options.

1. Spray in bed liner from a place (line x)

2. Dual liner drop in full liner

3. Mopar drop in bed liner (anyone ever get this before)

4.BedRug (last resort I know some people love it. I have the regular bed rug not the one with the sides and tbh I wanna go with a harder material)

thanks guys any input would be greatly appreciated.

I went with the LineX spray in. RAM5.jpg

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
I have had the drop in liners in the past and although they work well I see no point in not going the line x route. Go Line X, Much better than the drop in liners that you will never remove.

brotherGood

Reaction score
I had the dealer do my spray in (granted, they outsourced to Rhino) and it looks great. Had I done what I wanted, I would've gone with either Bullet or Line-X, but for what I'll use it for the Rhino will work fine.

Honestly, for what I'd use it for a drop in would've been fine. I'm not going to be chucking logs or concrete in the bed..I'll use the trailer for that. I just hate drop-ins because they trap moisture.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Another vote for the sprayed in liners. I have the factory one and it is great.
Just slippery, so you will need to add a rubber mat to keep stuff from sliding all over.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
check out the dual liner, thats what i have. its a little different, but it installs really easy. id highly recommend

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a BedRug Impact Liner and I like it a lot. The sides are the “carpet” material but the tailgate and floor are a harder composite material. It looks great and I’ve had it for over a year and a half and it’s held up well.

NWRogue

Reaction score
Mine came with the spray in liner, no clue what type. Going to add a rubber mat as it's pretty slippery and not pleasant at all to crawl around on.

TimW451

Reaction score
Spray or rug. I’m surprised drop-ins haven’t died out. I have a rug with a tonneau cover. I don’t haul loose or dirty stuff much. A big “trunk” is more practical for me.

ehk49

Reaction score
Another dual liner fan here. Easy to install and the bed mat keeps anything in the bed from sliding around. My truck came with a spray in which I also like, but I still put a bed mat in. I feel like they also offer another level of noise isolation.

taz2016

Reaction score
Spray in liner followed by a rubber bed mat to stop sliding and make it easier on the knees. I've seen too much rust under long term drop in liners to ever use one of those.

STR

Reaction score
I’ve had drop in bed liners for the past 5 trucks that I’ve own. I went with the OEM spray-in this time and could be happier. The only negatives, it’s like 60 grit sand paper and slippery, but the drop-in was slippery too...

OC.13

Reaction score
check out the dual liner, thats what i have. its a little different, but it installs really easy. id highly recommend
I second the dual liner. Have had it almost a year and it has held up great. I like that I can easily remove the mat if I want to. It's a great product.

Attachments

• 20190919_174402.jpg
    20190919_174402.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:

Sonnie

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Line-x Premium here... looks great. This is my 4th truck with Line-x... always been happy with it.

Tazithman

Reaction score
I have LineX and like it. It is slippery by design to make maneuvering large objects easier by way of less friction do if you want grab, you'll have to get a mat of some sort.

falconer

Reaction score
My 2019 Ram 1500 is the sixth truck I've had sprayed with Line-X. Never a problem, and wears like iron.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine came with the spray in liner, no clue what type. Going to add a rubber mat as it's pretty slippery and not pleasant at all to crawl around on.
We have a thread on this, actually. I went with some advice from @Neurobit on a rubber mat that didn’t need cutting (RamBox bed). It’s great to have the combo for longevity and wear.

This is my third truck with a spray-in liner, but the first where it was factory-applied. It seems to be on par with previous applications (both of which were still in serviceable condition after 15 years).

Ride2little

Reaction score
All I can say is that I have the LineX premium (uv protection, a little more shiny) and I love it. Looks awesome, easy to clean, water still drains oit of bed after rain, etc. Looks downright luxurious and is tough.
Very happy w my decision.

Sonnie

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I like the idea of perhaps getting a factory fit rubber mat to place on top of the Line-x Premium... maybe roll it up to the back of the cab temporarily if you need less grip. That sounds like a great combo.

I do agree the Line-x Premium does look really nice with the extra coating. It has a gloss look to it that is much different than the typical spray-in liner, which makes it really easy to clean vs the non Premium coated.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I like the idea of perhaps getting a factory fit rubber mat to place on top of the Line-x Premium... maybe roll it up to the back of the cab temporarily if you need less grip. That sounds like a great combo.

I do agree the Line-x Premium does look really nice with the extra coating. It has a gloss look to it that is much different than the typical spray-in liner, which makes it really easy to clean vs the non Premium coated.
Save your money and get this. This is the one I got.
The highest quality mat you can buy in my opinion. Nice and thick, and very grippy.

On edit: The 4’x5’ fits perfectly on the short bed.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread