5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts on bed liner

Sonnie

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I like the Mopar mat... RAM branded and perfect fit, and includes the tailgate mat if you want to install it. $127 from BAM... no cutting required.

Gotta keep my OCD in check, so it's worth a few extra bucks.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had Line-X Prem done on acouple of my previous trucks and loved it.

This truck had the factory liner in it. It's 'ok' but seems thin (not confident in it's longevity) and stains if you spill **** on it.. when compared to the Line-X.

bryan28

Reaction score
If mine didn't have the factory spray in liner I would've got a Line-x premium. Stays glossy black like new as opposed to the factory liner. Mine is a 2020 and is already turning dull grey from being in the sun. Just installed a Tonneau cover to keep it out of the sun.

steve24

Reaction score
I've got the DualLiner and I love it. It's the best of both worlds: the sidewalls are protected by a hard, impact resistant material, while the bed floor is protected by a thick rubber no-skid mat. Anything that's in your bed definitely won't be sliding around!

Attachments

• IMG_2058.jpg
    IMG_2058.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 59

cjh0702

Reaction score
I had bullet spray on liner put in and I love it. I don't know if the product itself is really thick, or if it was applied like that here locally, but I've thrown a bunch of lumber in the bed and it has held up beautifully.

IMG_9622 copy.jpg

Kelan

Reaction score
Spray in liner followed by a rubber bed mat to stop sliding and make it easier on the knees. I've seen too much rust under long term drop in liners to ever use one of those.

Agreed. Avoid the drop in liners. Mine had one when I bought the truck used. It’s rubbing away the paint. Maybe others don’t, but I wouldn’t risk it. Gotta go get a spray liner for mine now.

Kelan

Reaction score
Here’s a pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 83

Kelan

Reaction score
I received a line-x quota for $699 on my 6'4" bed. Is that what others are paying? That was for the base/standard package, without the UV protection - figure I can skip that because i have a tonneau.

cjh0702

Reaction score
I received a line-x quota for $699 on my 6'4" bed. Is that what others are paying? That was for the base/standard package, without the UV protection - figure I can skip that because i have a tonneau.

I paid ~$500 for Bullet liner on my 5'7" bed. Not sure how prices differ from OH to MN, or whether my shorter bed would make up for the $200 difference or not. Seems a little bit steep for me though.

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
Line-x premium here as well and I am very happy but I have thought of getting the bed mat as the liner is slick and the mat would help keep things from sliding around

vdemarco

Reaction score
I got line-x regular and paid 500 for it. the premium would have been 200 more. I didn't get the premium cuz i have tonneau. the line-x guy said, if you have it uncovered it would start to turn a gray in about 3 months, but if you have it covered, it would stay shinny a very long time.

on his truck he also got the regular version, since he also had his bed covered. (i am in San Jose, CA)

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dual Liner here too. I don’t do a lot of heavy duty hauling back there so it suits my needs. The mat it comes with is excellent for preventing sliding around of objects etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ecritz

Reaction score
Bed rug.. I’ve had several and love them.. I’ve hauled gravel and mulch in it and it holds up. Just spray it out with a hose.

ironman8282

Reaction score
If you dint mind doing the work yourself I did my own with raptor liner materials and all was less than 200 dollars and a Saturday afternoon. Stuff is awesome 048649D2-8C50-4048-A9D1-818AA7BEF2A7.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread