5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Those with problems, would you get the truck again?

Mike504

Reaction score
Just curious if those of you that have had problems with your trucks are still glad you have it or would buy it again.

Mike504

Reaction score
I had an f150, had to lemon law that and with how poorly Ford handled it I swore never to buy them again. I'm trying to decide between this or a Sierra. I love the ram, but seems like they have way more problems.

Johnvan

Reaction score
Fortunately I haven't had too many problems. The issue with not going into gear from park has happened a number of times.
I had a clunking noise coming from the front right that mysteriously fixed itself.
I've had several glitches with the software. XM radio going back to the promo station. Wifi password not being recognized. Weather map often doesn't show the weather. Clock time randomly changed.

Mine is a lease so I don't get too stressed about it. It's just a 3 year long test drive as far as I'm concerned.
If the glitches are resolved and it's reliable over the duration of the lease I'll buy it if the buyout is fair market value.

Mike504

Reaction score
Fortunately I haven't had too many problems. The issue with not going into gear from park has happened a number of times.
I had a clunking noise coming from the front right that mysteriously fixed itself.
I've had several glitches with the software. XM radio going back to the promo station. Wifi password not being recognized. Weather map often doesn't show the weather. Clock time randomly changed.

Mine is a lease so I don't get too stressed about it. It's just a 3 year long test drive as far as I'm concerned.
If the glitches are resolved and it's reliable over the duration of the lease I'll buy it if the buyout is fair market value.

Wish I could please, but I drive between 35k and 40k miles per year, which is also another reason the reliability worries me.

Johnvan

Reaction score
I've had mine for almost 6 months and only put 4,000 miles on it. It's been sitting for two weeks and probably won't be driven again until July because I'm out of the country until then.
A lease works well for me.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't had a any issues with mine. I've had since August 30th and 9,000 miles. Truck preforms flawlessly, my mileage has been creeping up to 17.2 which is also a positive.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I had an f150, had to lemon law that and with how poorly Ford handled it I swore never to buy them again. I'm trying to decide between this or a Sierra. I love the ram, but seems like they have way more problems.

For me it was between the RAM and GMC AT4...the plastic interior of the GMC (especially at a $55K MSRP) just KILLED it for me and not as comfortable as the RAM. The buttons in the GMC were like a $25K Chevy...they suck! GMC has their share of issues too...no brand is immune.

Zebber

Reaction score
I have had 2 recalls and 1 drone noise problem and that's it ,, (All fixed). I love my Ram trucks and wouldn't own anything else.

OuachitaAdventure

Reaction score
have had and still have problems. I would do it again. I believe I can get all my issues fixed. If/ WHEN the truck works like its suppose dto, I believe it's the best one out there. Ford is outdated at this point, GM reeks of cheap plastic everywhere and is small inside.

Made a video on some of my problems, but I'd do it all again.

ddharris

Reaction score
Traded a 2018 silverado in on my Laramie.
I came to hate the seat(hate a lot) and the boaty ride in the silverado.
My Ram is in the shop after 400 miles with rear end whine. Absolutely love the Ram but hope this is not a precursor for things to come. Such a good truck as long as it is reliable after this. Also they are replacing the glove box ( yes entire glovebox ) for a non functioning LED. Door fitment is not perfect but I can overlook that as I am the only one to notice. But when I'm driving it is so comfortable and rides so much better. Not to mention the amount of extra equipment inside I took the chance.

ddharris

Reaction score
I guess I didn't answer the question. I would buy again right now. Jury is still out.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep. There's nothing else that compares right now. Mine is a lease, so if there are more issues, I'll see what the market looks like in 3 years.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had the two recalls and some minor bugs, the center console issue, and the brake squeal. Yes I would do it all again and now that those are fixed I see it being reliable and now I have 15,000+ miles and my MPG is averaging over 18 with a 4x4, 3.92 axle. Happy with my purchase, and best Full size capable truck that is high tech, safe, modern and luxurious.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will never buy a first year again. As much as I love my truck, I'm paranoid every time I hear or feel something odd I wonder if there isn't a bigger underlying issue.

Even though I took a list of TSBs and known fixes to the dealership it still took 5 trips to get everything resolved (I hope). Foreign or domestic most service departments don't want to take the time to really troubleshoot issues. They just go for the quick easy fix or worse they give you the dreaded "couldn't reproduce" or "performs as expected".

I would rather not be the first year guinea pig. Not to mention this truck has been out about a year now, but the accessories and aftermarket parts are still slow to the market.

Don't get me wrong I would definitely buy my truck again, but I would wait until year two.

J4U

Reaction score
Right now yes... If it was 2021 model of the F150... Probably not. Haha. Inside information sucks sometimes.

AtmozFear

Reaction score
Besides having a couple recalls, brake squeak, and steering rack issue...I’d do it again. Ultimately, I love my truck. 8k miles so far, and it’s been pretty good overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread