5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Those that have/had Grand Cherokees...

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm seeing more and more people on here that had Grand Cherokees making the move over to the Rams. Curious on how many are on the Jeepgarage.org site as well?

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am from time to time. Used to be more frequent. My wife had a 2014, and now a 2018, Jeep GC. That being said, we may soon make the jump to a Wrangler, as she does not like the newest redesign (WL) or Wagoneer.

Lufty

Banned
Reaction score
Sno-I’m on there yet but not very often. We do still have a Grand Cherokee also but I have been frequenting the 5thgen with my spare time.

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
My wife has a Grand Cherokee but I’m not on that forum. We rarely drive the Jeep. It’s only got 7,400 miles and over 5,000 miles of that was from the drive from Texas to Alaska in July 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark313

Reaction score
I used to go on there,I had a 2013 and a 2015 GC. I traded the 2015 in on my 2019 Ram.

bell_32

Reaction score
My wife has a grand cherokee, my limited is the 4th ram I’ve had now.
The Jeep’s a Great little suv for the wife and 1 kid.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Jeep’s a Great little suv for the wife and 1 kid.
I poke fun at my wife calling her SUV "little" and she gets upset with me!

She says its "just right" or "midsized." Technically, she is right I suppose. But between us and the two German Shepherds (one's 90 lbs, the other @ only 6 months is 60 lbs so far), it or a Wrangler is about as small as I'd ever want to go.

HMC8403

Reaction score
Used to have a 15 High Altitude and a 17 Summit; used to visit the Garage frequently.

Brazen LTD

Reaction score
+ to add to the list.

2015 then 2019 SRT 6.4L. Now have a deposit on a Diamond black 2021 Limited night edition (fully optioned).

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm on there some. (2015 GC, which we love.) Came to this site for research on the Ram. I actually haven't yet bought a truck. My purchase was first delayed by indecisiveness over trim and options, then by waiting on incentives, now by the chip shortage making an option I want unavailable. So, I've been lingering around here, living vicariously through other happy Ram owners.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We have a 2015 grand cherokee that we got 6 years ago with 29k miles on it. It now has 115k miles on it. Not one single issue with it. In fact the only thing I’ve done is replace headlight bulbs, change the oil, and put tires on it. Never been on a forum for it, I’ve only driven it a handful of times and never needed to research anything.

wife says she maybe wants a wrangler next but we may get a Tahoe instead. We’ve piled 16k miles on my truck in 7 months I’d like to start driving her vehicle on the weekends so a Tahoe would be nice

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was on both Jeepgarage and jeepforum for years, different user account (I like to keep google hopping :)) . Don't go back anymore since getting the Ram though.

CPenn1086

Reaction score
Sold my 2018 GC Limited to Carvana back in September and bought my RAM. No looking back!!

And yes, I used to frequent the JeepGarage/JeepForum pages quite often under a different username.

BooShaker

Reaction score
I've got a '15 GC Overland that I'm trading for the 1500. I'm not on that site though. Love the GC but got 2 kids in car seats now and with one behind the drivers seat I can't move the seat back far enough to drive comfortably at all. I am interested to see how much bigger the Grand Cherokee L is or even the Wagoneer.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got a '15 GC Overland that I'm trading for the 1500. I'm not on that site though. Love the GC but got 2 kids in car seats now and with one behind the drivers seat I can't move the seat back far enough to drive comfortably at all. I am interested to see how much bigger the Grand Cherokee L is or even the Wagoneer.

The Cherokee L isn't any bigger in the 2nd row, it's roughly 15" longer due to the 3rd row. The wagoneer looked a little bigger but from videos/pictures it wasn't something I would write home about. I'm in the same boat as you with 2 kids in car seats and not much room for them reason why I went pickup.

BooShaker

Reaction score
The Cherokee L isn't any bigger in the 2nd row, it's roughly 15" longer due to the 3rd row. The wagoneer looked a little bigger but from videos/pictures it wasn't something I would write home about. I'm in the same boat as you with 2 kids in car seats and not much room for them reason why I went pickup.
Yeah, the wagoneer doesn't really appeal to me either. I still laugh that in order to get a bigger back seat you got go with a pickup. :)

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Wagoneer is based on the Ram truck, with a body on frame contstruction. It's supposed to compete with the Tahoes, Expeditions, etc. I bet they'll be successful because the interior will likely be superior to GM and Ford.

OP - I'm a recent RAM owner, coming from a 2014 GC Overland with 224K miles. Made the move back to a truck...again. Can't stay away long. Wasn't on that forum...was on jeepgarage.com

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Wagoneer is based on the Ram truck, with a body on frame contstruction. It's supposed to compete with the Tahoes, Expeditions, etc. I bet they'll be successful because the interior will likely be superior to GM and Ford.

OP - I'm a recent RAM owner, coming from a 2014 GC Overland with 224K miles. Made the move back to a truck...again. Can't stay away long. Wasn't on that forum...was on jeepgarage.com

I'm aware it is built off the Ram platform. The prices they want for the wagoneer is going for the luxury market not necessarily the Tahoes/Yukon vehicles.

Ramjeep

Reaction score
I‘ve had 5 GC‘s (01,02,05,14,18). defin my favorite SUV. Was tempted to get a wrangler but the RAM just can’t be beat for space for the same price. Even though that new hybrid wrangler has me tempted.

Users who are viewing this thread