5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Those of ya'll with LED tail lights

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
HORRIBLE! I'm a little shocked with Ram for putting such low quality reverse lighting on a truck that costs $60,000.00

deanfx

Reaction score
Good info. I'm dying to spend $800 bucks to change mine to LED's. Right now I have some high output reverse lights in my non LED's and love the light. But hate to change to the OEM LED's with low output reverse lights.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. Even though I’m selling a set for $400.00 I’m warning you not to expect much light output in reverse. If saying this hurts my sale then so be it but I have to be honest.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So, I have a limited with led lights of course and I have been given multiple loaner big horns and a lone star with led tails and my limited taillights are definitely brighter. So I imagine the BLIS led tails may be a little different.

deanfx

Reaction score
^^^. Even though I’m selling a set for $400.00 I’m warning you not to expect much light output in reverse. If saying this hurts my sale then so be it but I have to be honest.
I'm interested in buying. could you email me? [email protected]?
Hope this is ok to do???

J4U

Reaction score
Terrible, can't see much at all. Have a license plate light coming in to correct the problem.

eskiv80

Reaction score
The reverse lights in my Laramie would be the one complaint I have with the truck. I had to put reflectors at the end of my driveway so I could tell where I was at when backing out in the morning before the sun comes up.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Don't buy solely for reverse light output. They look cool, but that's about it.
...and they do a great job as, you know, taillights - their primary function. Their light output as running lights and brake lights is excellent. It’s just reverse that is dim.

I’m not sure about the rest of you, but I find that the rear cameras are plenty bright, even if the reverse lights aren’t, so the lighting hasn’t really mattered.

J4U

Reaction score
Don't buy solely for reverse light output. They look cool, but that's about it.
Agree, now if it was just an LED bulb replacement for those without the LED module it would be so much better.

I don't want to even think about what it would cost to replace that module inside.

J4U

Reaction score
...and they do a great job as, you know, taillights - their primary function. Their light output as running lights and brake lights is excellent. It’s just reverse that is dim.

I’m not sure about the rest of you, but I find that the rear cameras are plenty bright, even if the reverse lights aren’t, so the lighting hasn’t really mattered.
I must be getting old as I can't see clearly when backing up at night. The camera image is outstanding but can't see details it travel path with no other light source around.

Replacing the cargo bulbs with LED's helped if I turn on the cargo lights when backing, but my cover and tailgate won't let light shine right behind my truck.

License plate lights coming as soon as they get back in stock that will eliminate this gripe for my old eyes.
[/URL]

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I’ve resorted to this:

Unfortunately they’re on back order so I will not have them for another couple of weeks or so. I will post a review once I have them, but others here have installed them and are very happy with the output.

Cheers,

deanfx

Reaction score
I must be getting old as I can't see clearly when backing up at night. The camera image is outstanding but can't see details it travel path with no other light source around.

Replacing the cargo bulbs with LED's helped if I turn on the cargo lights when backing, but my cover and tailgate won't let light shine right behind my truck.

License plate lights coming as soon as they get back in stock that will eliminate this gripe for my old eyes.
[/URL]
So you can change out the reverse LED's to brighter ones?

J4U

Reaction score
So you can change out the reverse LED's to brighter ones?
^^^^^. That I did not know .
Not that I know of when you have the LED panel. Took the left off to put in new LED as I did the cargo lights and it was a complete module. Put it right back in and found the VLED's from another thread. It's posted in mine and onother post below mine. The thread I linked also shows you what parts to get to leave the wiring stock.

They are on backorder until June for the satin finish and end of May for gloss. I also ordered the license plate bracket.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My light output on the Limited with LED package is bright enough and the rear camera I believe has Night Vision/Low light capabilities. With the 12" screen it is failrly easy to see at night backing up. This may have been the second best reason to get the LED package (First being the amazing Adaptive LED headlights).

Users who are viewing this thread