5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This Looks Pretty Dang Cool

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Too bad Ram will never offer this to the public. I get the feeling they're wanting to phase the rambox out of existence. Although, this backpack would solve the warped rambox lid issue completely.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
It's a pitch to the overlanding crowd. If it makes it into production, it will be interesting to see if it's popular. Overlanding is still big but not as big as it was during the COVID pandemic. Now? Looks like a lot of places are going back to work.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just get an RSI Smart Cap with the storage addons. Would probably end up cheaper than that if they ever brought it to market. And you don't need RAM Boxes.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's a pitch to the overlanding crowd. If it makes it into production, it will be interesting to see if it's popular. Overlanding is still big but not as big as it was during the COVID pandemic. Now? Looks like a lot of places are going back to work.
Our state had to start charging fees for the FREE forest sites. The overlanding/camping craze is still full steam ahead. Screenshot_20221024-113446~2.png

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know of 2 people, not personally but second hand, who literally sold their house at the peak of COVID and did this. They work remotely. Both have RV's/campers, though.
What I love are the guys that get all the stuff for overlanding, but then leave it all on their trucks while they drive around downtown. Including the easily stolen 3-4 jerry cans strapped with bungie cords.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What I love are the guys that get all the stuff for overlanding, but then leave it all on their trucks while they drive around downtown. Including the easily stolen 3-4 jerry cans strapped with bungie cords.
hey can't complain for free gas right? especially if you're in ****holes like commiefailnia

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
tbh as a single male in his early 30s i much rather do this over buying a house where i have to get taxed yearly for... just owning the property.

It was a joke...that's the point of memes. :LOL:

Home ownership isn't for everyone, but they have been my best investments, by far.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score

Yeah I never quite understood that. A lot of it is for "image" I'm sure. I see a ton of Jeeps, mostly Rubicons, with tons of gas cans, winches, jacks, etc and the only off-roading they've done is pulling onto the grass at the apple orchard to park and go apple picking lol. Granted, there are probably a good amount of them that do off-road as well.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
It was a joke...that's the point of memes. :LOL:

Home ownership isn't for everyone, but they have been my best investments, by far.

I walk through my door every night and am super grateful. After renting for a decade, living above/next-to/under annoying people, not having anywhere to put my stuff, no place to really call "home", gets really old.

I can deal with the occasional clogged drain, leaky pipe, landscaping, etc.

Living out of a truck or camper? Fun but not for me.

Users who are viewing this thread