5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things you can't get on a Big Horn vs Laramie

Konrad

Reaction score
Thanks. How are the standard mirrors for towing?. I got a travel trailer for camping... About 25ft long.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Standard Big Horn power folding, non-towing mirrors are fine for me when towing our Grey Wolf travel trailer (25ft total length).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
@Konrad that's good to hear. Though I imagine we will upgrade to something a bit bigger in the future, we currently pull a Wolf Pup, the little brother to the Grey Wolf. It's small, a 16BH, but it's actually about 23ft tongue to tail.

TimW451

Reaction score
Look at what the Appearance and Equipment packages come with. That is where you’ll see some differences that you may not be able to ”option up” the lower trim vehicle. For example, based on ‘19 Model, the Sport hood is in the Laramie Sport package, but not the Big Horn version.

One thing I like about Ram is that while I couldn’t get leather in the Big Horn I could still get heated seats and I can get Katzkin leather as an accessory without having to upgrade to the Laramie.

Konrad

Reaction score
@Konrad that's good to hear. Though I imagine we will upgrade to something a bit bigger in the future, we currently pull a Wolf Pup, the little brother to the Grey Wolf. It's small, a 16BH, but it's actually about 23ft tongue to tail.

Also, I purchased these:

K Source 80730 Snap & Zap Custom Fit Towing Mirror for Dodge Ram 1500 Non-Classic Models (2019+), Pair https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QV9VX3D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_QIRhEb6VDCPJR

We snap them on when my wife is driving, as she feels more confident with some extra mirror / visibility. They fit and work great, although aren't absolutely necessary (at least for me).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

derp

Reaction score
19 speakers?? Where the hell do they fit them?! Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
There are a few dual cone setups, they count each of those as 2.
aside from that, they put them all over the damned place.

derp

Reaction score
KeepOnTrucking, in your first post, you mentioned "tow package." I just wanted to tell you, in case you didn't realize it, that the tow package deletes the power folding mirrors feature as well as the 360 view cameras. You can opt for just the trailer brake controller rather than the whole tow package and keep the power fold mirrors with cameras.
tow package also deletes air suspension, and changes the diff to 3.91 from the lower ratio diff.
I am not sure about the build for the horn.

the laramie that I got has -
auto dimming mirror
puddle lights
blind spot
power tailgate drop
rear vent window powered (for what its worth. lots of folks are having quality control problems)
active noise cancellation in the cab (also a lot of QC problems)
hotspot cellular remote start, lojack stuff, pandora through the 12 inch stereo via the cell hotspot, all part of the 12 inch radio system if I understand.
power seats on both sides.
heated and vented seats on both sides.
vented seats in the back
usb in the back for rear passenger charging
110v outlets in the front and back (rambox gets one in the rambox too, same inverter).
air dam active aero thing.
auto dimming high beams
rain sensing wipers
4 pin and 7 pin tow harness
hitch receiver not in the bumper.
wireless phone charging cradle ( lots of folks have problems with this too, mine seems fine.)

My *personal* stance, never again will I buy a FCA product. way too many faults off the lot and the customer service after sale has been the worst I have ever experienced. due to the SGW locking of a lot of the electronics, you are locked into FCA dealerships who can do work on the truck that involves the odb2 system for more than read. every time there is a captive market, the captive is poorly served. look at the same story unfolding with John Deere on tractors.

Users who are viewing this thread