5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things you can't get on a Big Horn vs Laramie

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between a heavily optioned Big Horn vs Laramie. Both would be 5-seater HEMI, 3.21, 4x4 with 5’7” box, plus tow package, 33 gal tank, bed utility, RamBox, MFT

I wanna see if I'm overlooking something.. What are features that you just can't get on Big Horn trim that are available on Laramie? So far, I've got...

- 19 speaker audio (don't care, 9 speaker enough)
- leather trimmed seats
- advanced safety (adaptive cruise & fwd collision)
- 22" wheels (don't want em)
- two-tone paint

What else?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe the Laramie has some extra interior lighting in the footwells and such Fender Flares, leather dash. I was the same way when buying but ended up with a loaded big horn, I'm not big on leather anyway. The dash still looks pretty nice and is probably more durable in the long run without the leather.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you want leather seats; then get a Laramie. You will probably find a better deal on a Laramie than on a high optioned Big Horn. I looked at Big Horns myself, but once I added options I decided to go Laramie and found one on the lot that I wanted.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Are those differences not enough? :D Just kidding.
I looked at a couple of Big Horns when I was shopping for a 5th gen, but opted for a Laramie. The biggest deal breaker was that I couldn't get ventilated seats on the Big Horn. If I had to chose between heated or cooled seats, I'd take cooled seats every time. I live in a colder climate, but rarely use the heated seats. The leather trimmed seats are pretty nice as well. Don't really care about the other differences, and don't have them on my Laramie.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are those differences not enough? :D Just kidding.
I looked at a couple of Big Horns when I was shopping for a 5th gen, but opted for a Laramie. The biggest deal breaker was that I couldn't get ventilated seats on the Big Horn. If I had to chose between heated or cooled seats, I'd take cooled seats every time. I live in a colder climate, but rarely use the heated seats. The leather trimmed seats are pretty nice as well. Don't really care about the other differences, and don't have them on my Laramie.
Heated and Cooled seats are a BIG plus. I use both. BTW heated seats are good to relieve back pain; not just for warming your rear.

Reaction score
I believe the Laramie has some extra interior lighting in the footwells and such Fender Flares, leather dash. I was the same way when buying but ended up with a loaded big horn, I'm not big on leather anyway. The dash still looks pretty nice and is probably more durable in the long run without the leather.
@Biga how about the rear seats in your Big Horn... Are they the 60/40 folding/recline seats mentioned in the Laramie equipment?

(Assuming you have a Crew Cab)

GasTank87

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between a heavily optioned Big Horn vs Laramie. Both would be 5-seater HEMI, 3.21, 4x4 with 5’7” box, plus tow package, 33 gal tank, bed utility, RamBox, MFT

I wanna see if I'm overlooking something.. What are features that you just can't get on Big Horn trim that are available on Laramie? So far, I've got...

- leather trimmed seats
- two-tone paint

What else?

19 speakers?? Where the hell do they fit them?! Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Biga how about the rear seats in your Big Horn... Are they the 60/40 folding/recline seats mentioned in the Laramie equipment?

(Assuming you have a Crew Cab)

No I forgot, you don't get the reclining seat in the Big Horn.

barr0208

Reaction score

- leather trimmed seats
- two-tone paint

What else?

memory seats pedals and mirror, lights in the doors footwell are standard rear seats if your getting a crew cab you can also get cooled and heated rear seats and reclining as well for options

barr0208

Reaction score
19 speakers?? Where the hell do they fit them?! Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
x all the grills you see on the dash has a midrange cone and a tweeter that's 6 , doors have a midbass and tweeter that's 8 total, the overhead speakers in the rear have mid and tweet that's 4 and then the 10 inch sub total 19 speakers

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
KeepOnTrucking, in your first post, you mentioned "tow package." I just wanted to tell you, in case you didn't realize it, that the tow package deletes the power folding mirrors feature as well as the 360 view cameras. You can opt for just the trailer brake controller rather than the whole tow package and keep the power fold mirrors with cameras.

Reaction score
KeepOnTrucking, in your first post, you mentioned "tow package." I just wanted to tell you, in case you didn't realize it, that the tow package deletes the power folding mirrors feature as well as the 360 view cameras. You can opt for just the trailer brake controller rather than the whole tow package and keep the power fold mirrors with cameras.
Thanks. How are the standard mirrors for towing?. I got a travel trailer for camping... About 25ft long.

Users who are viewing this thread