5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The weird driving issue that just occurred today (Jolting while accelerating)

svtvs

Reaction score
My truck did it today for a brief millisecond; however, it immediately corrected itself with a downshift. All in all, it's much better than it was.

Funny you say that. Literally the same thing happened to me today, but in a situation that hasn't triggered this weird issue before. But I felt the truck stuttering for a split second before it downshifted.

Something is telling me I need to just get used to it and live with it until I decide to trade it in for something else down the road...

svtvs

Reaction score
This is being brushed off by the dealer/engineers as the truck needing more time to learn my driving habits. I'm gonna live with it for a little longer and see if things improve. But my problem is far from gone, it's actually occurring more frequently if anything.

Smerberj

Reaction score
So after my truck had the PCM / TCM update I can officially say that my truck is 99% cured of this issue. I say 99% because it has done it only two times since the updates (about two and half weeks ago). It used to do it everyday...

svtvs

Reaction score
So after my truck had the PCM / TCM update I can officially say that my truck is 99% cured of this issue. I say 99% because it has done it only two times since the updates (about two and half weeks ago). It used to do it everyday...
Wish I could say the same

DamDan

Reaction score
Any more updates on this issue? Mine does it and it drives me nuts.

Iridium

Reaction score
Is this stuttering/juttering only when the truck is cold? also, I've never had any issues around the range that you said you accelerated from and to. I'll keep an eye out for this issue your experiencing. I'm at 33k miles currently*

Users who are viewing this thread