5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The New chevy is growing on me ...(just sayin)

kilcher

Reaction score
I prefer the exterior of the Silverado but once I sat in a Ram it was no contest. Plus my price range was under $35k. Ended up getting a 2019 Big Horn w/ 11,000 miles - 5.7L, 4x4, crew cab, level 2 for $32,800. If I had gone with a Silverado I'd have been lucky to get into a WT for that price. Sure I'll take a hit when it comes time to sell it but that's a problem for another day.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ugh speedy that looks like the family truckster from the vacation movie :ROFLMAO:
I wouldn't go that far. The High Country grille helps an otherwise-questionable front end design. Now that I've seen a few on the road, the real-world "presence" of the trucks and the lighting package looks better than pictures convey. And the Duramax / Allison combo has always been good.

Honestly, if I had gone HD, I probably would have done the F-250 Super Duty Platinum or King Ranch with the new gasser.

Still, they don't put Ram interiors in any of the GM or Ford trucks. So I'm perfectly happy...at least until the TRX arrives ;)

RangerZ

Reaction score
Yes you are correct that’s why after 7 gm‘s I bought a ram lol

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In the right trims I agree. It has really grown on me. But the rest of it, no thanks.

I'm sure everyone thinks when I bought my 2020 1500 it was just the default choice, but I actually considered and test drove the 2020 F150 Limited and 2020 GMC Sierra AT4 before I bought my Ram.

The Sierra AT4 I think is the best looking of the GM trucks, I will say after driving the F150 as well that I found the GM interior to be better overall, although not even close to the Ram interior. I like the video feed rear view mirror and heads up display on the GM though. The 6.2 didn't really impress me that much and I think gets a bit overhyped, the truck rode ok but not great.

The F150 is really showing its age, even though I test drove a fully-loaded Limited the interior felt very very cheap, ergonomics are fine, but all the controls feel dated. Screen feels extremely small especially with the 360-degree view on. The 450 horse 3.5 from the Raptor felt really strong and I preferred it to the GM 6.2.

Ram was the best out of the three in my opinion, best interior, nice exterior, nice ride, quality materials and ergonomics. I'm very happy with my truck but will say the GMs have grown on me. View attachment 53245 View attachment 53244
I was surprised at how small the cab was when i got into a 2019 sierra. Felt like i was in a Jeep.

antwon412

Reaction score
My Titan was a 1st gen and I actually liked the way it looked. Ran good and sounded good from the factory but was thirsty. The new Titans are fugly! View attachment 53289
Yeah I clarified. I meant that as I had a first generation which I liked. I think the newest Titans are super ugly.

ny2az

Reaction score
l was a die hard F-150 guy, ... would buy a new ford every 1- 1 1/2 years ... when l laid eyes on the new ram 1500 in limited trim and then test drove it ... l was sold ... from the exterior to the interior, hands down winner over ford and chevy ...

BillyCrash

Reaction score
l was a die hard F-150 guy, ... would buy a new ford every 1- 1 1/2 years ... when l laid eyes on the new ram 1500 in limited trim and then test drove it ... l was sold ... from the exterior to the interior, hands down winner over ford and chevy ...
I traded a 2010 F150 in on my 2020 Ram Rebel. The 2020 Rebel makes me feel like my 2010 F150 was a 1977 model.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Mr. Hindsight

Reaction score
That is horrendous. You made the right choice.

Lol. Yeah I think my Ram is definitely better overall. It would be nice to have those intergraded bumper steps tho. I know u could get that flip out step but it’s not the same.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ditto - I was sold the moment i sat in the driver seat.

RainDesert

Reaction score
GMC definitely has Chevy beat in looks currently. Fugly new gen trucks have come out over the years, but the new Chevy HD is by far the worst. Makes titans look appealing!

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol. Yeah I think my Ram is definitely better overall. It would be nice to have those intergraded bumper steps tho. I know u could get that flip out step but it’s not the same.
My previous truck was a 2015 Sierra. The bumper steps are the only thing I miss.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The Silverado will get the updated Tahoe interior for 2022, which should fix the main weak link for the Silverado.

I admit, the Trail Boss exterior is very nice indeed. Hopefully they can get their rear window leak issue resolved as well, which is even a bigger issue than the RAM's rear window leaks.

slapthatplank

Reaction score
Agreed. I see a GM around town every now and then that looks nice, but those interiors. I was joking with one my buddies that owns a Raptor and I said that GM looks good on the outside, but they started on the interior and then just quit.
I drove a Raptor when I first started looking at trucks, and it wasn't that bad. They are all over the place around where I live (cupcake land) and I really prefer the Ram, although I wouldn't have minded the performance of that Raptor.

Str8Ripon

Reaction score
Yep, combo of ride, looks, interior finished made me go Ram. We will see what Ford redesign looks like I suppose. That interior isn’t going to matter much, though, if I have a ton of problems, etc.

ny2az

Reaction score
Agreed. I see a GM around town every now and then that looks nice, but those interiors. I was joking with one my buddies that owns a Raptor and I said that GM looks good on the outside, but they started on the interior and then just quit.
I drove a Raptor when I first started looking at trucks, and it wasn't that bad. They are all over the place around where I live (cupcake land) and I really prefer the Ram, although I wouldn't have minded the performance of that Raptor.

l also liked the Raptor alot ... but there over sticker gouging l couldn't swallow ... l'm sure for the big price difference you can do alot of performance mod's ...

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My 2 cents as a brand atheist: it used to be that Dodge/Ram was the "butch" truck, with the typical chevy/gmc driver being a "middle aged gentleman". We're at the crossover point where gmc/chevy is now looking more butch and rugged, and the Ram is looking more refined.

I love the exteriors of the Ram 1500/2500 and the GM twins 1500/2500. They're all great looking trucks, just different.

The chevy 2500 is the most controversial, but most people come to like it better in person, even if they still prefer a different truck.

If I was in the market for a 2500/3500, I would have to pick the Chevy simply because of the diesel + 10 speed. Ram is still offering the ancient 6 speed diesel. Drivetrain is everything in a heavy duty, and I didn't buy a truck to look pretty.

Users who are viewing this thread