5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The New Beauty!

PCB

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I hope all of you are doing well and enjoying your trucks. I am sure anybody getting a new truck currently has a story about their experience and I am in the same boat. My wife and I wanted to purchase because we were positive in equity on our lease way more then we anticipated for our suv that was going to be turned in shortly and thought it would be silly not to try and sell the suv to carvana. The process to find our new truck was frustrating but turned out amazing after a lot of disappointment. After thinking we were going to purchase a Laramie from a dealership about ten minutes from our home that unfortunately turned out to be a super annoying terrible sales experience that didn’t work out. I am not willing to pay 58k for a truck that stickers for 53k. The irony is that stealership will be servicing our Ram we purchased elsewhere. Here is Big Red when she came home. 990EC5FB-C1E2-41C2-9BE4-F4C52110A80A.jpeg
85B136FB-3BC2-4B92-83D8-C1F895BFF6C9.jpeg

Since our purchase I have started dressing her up and enjoying the process throughly. So far I have installed go rhino rb20 bed liner coated running boards, had llumar cfx ceramic tint installed(15% front windows,50% rear windows, 80% windshield), line-x spray-in bed liner, and just installed red paragoptics ambient lighting. I don’t have pics of the ambient lighting yet but here are pics of the other modifications.
2085B87A-FC9E-4441-9487-7E9772FD03C2.jpeg
3539A366-E3C2-438A-B8C1-31BEA2C29638.jpeg
48C73D28-6351-49ED-BFA1-FE19DFBDAB5C.jpeg
I currently have the AMP research rear bed step to install, weathertech mud flaps, rough country rear wheel well liners, and just ordered a genuine carbon fiber dash kit. Lastly I wanted to say thank you to everyone in this community for all the great information and education for a truck newbie like myself. I have tons of plans for her coming soon. Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

HunterRam1

Reaction score
Truck looks great! What kind of running boards did you get? I have a 2020 Ram Big Horn Night Edition but dont like my running boards as the gap between the board and rocker panel is to wide. I love those flush mounted running boards you have.

PCB

Reaction score
Truck looks great! What kind of running boards did you get? I have a 2020 Ram Big Horn Night Edition but dont like my running boards as the gap between the board and rocker panel is to wide. I love those flush mounted running boards you have.
Thank you buddy! I appreciate the compliment. Those are the go rhino bed liner coated rb20 running boards. We have been super happy with the purchase. It is about a 6.5” step and is great for my big feet. It has also been appreciated by older family members getting in the back seat

HunterRam1

Reaction score
Thank you buddy! I appreciate the compliment. Those are the go rhino bed liner coated rb20 running boards. We have been super happy with the purchase. It is about a 6.5” step and is great for my big feet. It has also been appreciated by older family members getting in the back seat
Awesome. Thanks

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I hope all of you are doing well and enjoying your trucks. I am sure anybody getting a new truck currently has a story about their experience and I am in the same boat. My wife and I wanted to purchase because we were positive in equity on our lease way more then we anticipated for our suv that was going to be turned in shortly and thought it would be silly not to try and sell the suv to carvana. The process to find our new truck was frustrating but turned out amazing after a lot of disappointment. After thinking we were going to purchase a Laramie from a dealership about ten minutes from our home that unfortunately turned out to be a super annoying terrible sales experience that didn’t work out. I am not willing to pay 58k for a truck that stickers for 53k. The irony is that stealership will be servicing our Ram we purchased elsewhere. Here is Big Red when she came home. View attachment 103232
View attachment 103233

Since our purchase I have started dressing her up and enjoying the process throughly. So far I have installed go rhino rb20 bed liner coated running boards, had llumar cfx ceramic tint installed(15% front windows,50% rear windows, 80% windshield), line-x spray-in bed liner, and just installed red paragoptics ambient lighting. I don’t have pics of the ambient lighting yet but here are pics of the other modifications.
View attachment 103244
View attachment 103246
View attachment 103247
I currently have the AMP research rear bed step to install, weathertech mud flaps, rough country rear wheel well liners, and just ordered a genuine carbon fiber dash kit. Lastly I wanted to say thank you to everyone in this community for all the great information and education for a truck newbie like myself. I have tons of plans for her coming soon. Thanks for taking the time to stop by!
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new truck . Looks awesome !

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Welcome from CT. Great looking Ram

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I hope all of you are doing well and enjoying your trucks. I am sure anybody getting a new truck currently has a story about their experience and I am in the same boat. My wife and I wanted to purchase because we were positive in equity on our lease way more then we anticipated for our suv that was going to be turned in shortly and thought it would be silly not to try and sell the suv to carvana. The process to find our new truck was frustrating but turned out amazing after a lot of disappointment. After thinking we were going to purchase a Laramie from a dealership about ten minutes from our home that unfortunately turned out to be a super annoying terrible sales experience that didn’t work out. I am not willing to pay 58k for a truck that stickers for 53k. The irony is that stealership will be servicing our Ram we purchased elsewhere. Here is Big Red when she came home. View attachment 103232
View attachment 103233

View attachment 103244
View attachment 103246
View attachment 103247
Congratulations welcome to the group.

PCB

Reaction score
That tint 😍🤤 she looks dang good
Thank you very much. This is our first vehicle with ceramic tint and it has been fantastic. It is a lifesaver during these hundred degree days. Your new truck is looking great as well!

blankcanvas

Reaction score
Thank you very much. This is our first vehicle with ceramic tint and it has been fantastic. It is a lifesaver during these hundred degree days. Your new truck is looking great as well!
Thanks I’m actually about to go get darker tint on it, the guys cut my window up real bad sadly didn’t notice the back window until I was getting the decal on so they’re replacing that and the drivers side window then upgrading the tint

I plan to stupervise this time haha I don’t think Colorado allows it as dark as yours but that sure does look good!

PCB

Reaction score
Thanks I’m actually about to go get darker tint on it, the guys cut my window up real bad sadly didn’t notice the back window until I was getting the decal on so they’re replacing that and the drivers side window then upgrading the tint

I plan to stupervise this time haha I don’t think Colorado allows it as dark as yours but that sure does
It is frustrating when things like that happen. Sorry you have to go through that. Colorado allows a lot of other great things we haven’t progressed to yet lol. My wife and I were supposed to come there for her 40th in October. Hopefully the trip still happens. I hope everything works out for you this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread