5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The end and beginning...

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
Well, this is the end of the road for me as my Ram has a new owner. I am getting a brand-new company truck and don't need two. So for my four-wheeling adventures, I am going to finish building up my old Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series. This will not be the last time you'll see me as the new owner is here in Albuquerque; we have plans to go off-roading together and I will encourage the new owner to join this awesome forum. Despite some of my frustrations that I shared over the years, I really had a lot of fun building up my Rebel and taking it out for some very cool road trips along with some seriously cool off-road adventures (for a full-size truck). As I saw it drive away, I can honestly say that I will miss the [not so old] girl. It's going to be fun to see how the build continues under new ownership. Cheers to all!

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's great! Yes, for off road fun there are far better choices than a Ram. I see you have one of them!

Good score on the company truck.

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your build and knowledge. New owner is a luck sob.

Curios what u sold it for?
Thanks again.

The new owner got a screaming deal. Put over $70K into the build but discounted it to account for 3.5-years of depreciation and some wear and tear to around $60K. Dropped the price a little to garner some initial interest which worked nicely.

The new owner is a young lieutenant in the Fire Department who had been saving up for years to buy his dream truck. A really great person and he really was earnest in his desire to purchase my truck but needed a tad more time to get his finances together. To his credit, he was communicating with me almost daily as he really wanted it. He is an off-road enthusiast and very particular about taking care of things so was exactly the kind of person I hoped would buy my truck! Plus, we have family and friends in both police and fire departments so I already had an affinity to sell to someone like that. So, I stayed relatively low keyed in trying to sell it although that was getting harder to do as I had it on Facebook Marketplace and started to get dozens tons of inquiries and interesting offers.

Anyway, finally agreed to sell it to him at my bottom reserve price to help him out and move the vehicle. Not reporting the actual price to protect his privacy as he will probably be a member on this site. Cool thing is we have plans to go four wheeling together and will probably help him out on any future build plans he might have. So will be seeing my rig around…lol.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks again.

The new owner got a screaming deal. Put over $70K into the build but discounted it to account for 3.5-years of depreciation and some wear and tear to around $60K. Dropped the price a little to garner some initial interest which worked nicely.

The new owner is a young lieutenant in the Fire Department who had been saving up for years to buy his dream truck. A really great person and he really was earnest in his desire to purchase my truck but needed a tad more time to get his finances together. To his credit, he was communicating with me almost daily as he really wanted it. He is an off-road enthusiast and very particular about taking care of things so was exactly the kind of person I hoped would buy my truck! Plus, we have family and friends in both police and fire departments so I already had an affinity to sell to someone like that. So, I stayed relatively low keyed in trying to sell it although that was getting harder to do as I had it on Facebook Marketplace and started to get dozens tons of inquiries and interesting offers.

Anyway, finally agreed to sell it to him at my bottom reserve price to help him out and move the vehicle. Not reporting the actual price to protect his privacy as he will probably be a member on this site. Cool thing is we have plans to go four wheeling together and will probably help him out on any future build plans he might have. So will be seeing my rig around…lol.
That sounds ideal. From experience it feels like a weight is taken off you when you have a buyer who will cherish a car you built. Hopefully he joins the forum and shares his adventures!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks again.

lucky you.
i wanted to sell my previous rig to someone who would use it for what i built it for and take good care of it, and I'd even help the new owner wire everything in for free if he buys the quality parts.
then all I got were scammers and lowballers. Ended up selling it to my friend's friend's dealership after a month of listing at the lowest reserve price.

but then for your case it will be like you never left (if he joins the forum, that is)

Users who are viewing this thread