5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The best level for Rebels/ORP trucks - Bilstein 5100's

puba08

Reaction score
I’m all for Eibachs too BUT they do not provide info on the ORP/Rebel applications. They are still researching those use cases. I try to stay looped in with a couple of people over there.

I had the Eibach pro truck kit on my gmc and loved it. If Eibach can confirm final lift heights for ORP and Rebel trucks it’s a good alternative but as of right now bilstein is the only one who breaks outs out lift heights for the different spring packages.

? With the Eibachs Set it at 1.8” and your done with the ORP. It’s close enough to 3”. I’m running 34x11’s on stock rims with Zone UCA’s and didn’t have to trim, bend or melt anything. That was my main objective. If you install 5100’s and it’s a half inch less than what they claim I don’t think their refunding your money. Every truck is going to settle differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

itsrname2

Reaction score
I have the ORP on mine, so you are saying all I need is the 5100 shocks for the front and back? No need to replace the UCA?

puba08

Reaction score
I have the ORP on mine, so you are saying all I need is the 5100 shocks for the front and back? No need to replace the UCA?

What are you looking to do? Are you just leveling the truck? No need to touch the rear if your just leveling it.

itsrname2

Reaction score
What are you looking to do? Are you just leveling the truck? No need to touch the rear if your just leveling it.

Yeah, just a level for now, or maybe do a level and add a inch or 2 overall later on.

puba08

Reaction score
Yeah, just a level for now, or maybe do a level and add a inch or 2 overall later on.

Just add 5100s and set on the 5th ring (IIRC) or Eibachs at 1.8” and you’ll be level. With the ORP you be at approx 3”. No need to touch the rear. UCA’s are a good idea but can be done without them.

itsrname2

Reaction score
Just add 5100s and set on the 5th ring (IIRC) or Eibachs at 1.8” and you’ll be level. With the ORP you be at approx 3”. No need to touch the rear. UCA’s are a good idea but can be done without them.

Thank you so much! I was confused I guess with so much info on here. Some are talking about the 6112 also.

puba08

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I was confused I guess with so much info on here. Some are talking about the 6112 also.

6112’s are essentially the same thing but beefier, I believe more adjustable and are more for off-roading compared to the 5100. 5100’s are fine for the everyday driver with occasional off-roading but the 6112 is the way to go if you spend more time off the pavement. For my everyday commute and weekend fun 5100’s or the Eibachs are perfect.

itsrname2

Reaction score
6112’s are essentially the same thing but beefier, I believe more adjustable and are more for off-roading compared to the 5100. 5100’s are fine for the everyday driver with occasional off-roading but the 6112 is the way to go if you spend more time off the pavement. For my everyday commute and weekend fun 5100’s or the Eibachs are perfect.

What are the Eibachs?

puba08

Reaction score
Eibach’s are a spring/shock company that does the same as the 5100 but cheaper and in stock lol

puba08

Reaction score
Here are the shocks for DT Rams....Eibach Pro-Truck shocks part # EIB-E60-27-011-03-10. Set at 1.8 with the ORP and you done. Ride perfect and the same as the Bilsteins. I paid $215 shipped. Had them in 3 days.

itsrname2

Reaction score
Here are the shocks for DT Rams....Eibach Pro-Truck shocks part # EIB-E60-27-011-03-10. Set at 1.8 with the ORP and you done. Ride perfect and the same as the Bilsteins. I paid $215 shipped. Had them in 3 days.

Ok cool, so just the shocks leveled it, nothing else needed?

puba08

Reaction score
Ok cool, so just the shocks leveled it, nothing else needed?

Correct. I did add Zone UCA’s only because I had them bnib from my 4th Gen.

Ccm12

Reaction score
Thanks!

I’m running MKW m205 wheels in 18x9 1 mm offset. The tires are Bridgestone Dueler Revo AT3’s 295/70-18 (34’s)
If i was to replace my front springs with ORP springs, and set clip at 5, this would replicate this, right? And if so, since i wouldnt be coming from rebel shocks, would i use the clips that you discarded in the video, or do i need to buy clips similar to what the rebel used?

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If i was to replace my front springs with ORP springs, and set clip at 5, this would replicate this, right? And if so, since i wouldnt be coming from rebel shocks, would i use the clips that you discarded in the video, or do i need to buy clips similar to what the rebel used?
This thread is three years old. And I'm not going to watch the video. If you are talking about Bilstein 5100's and you got ORP springs at clip #5 you will get almost 3 inches of lift in front. If you don't have Bilsteins you will get 1 inch of lift on the standard perch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/