5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the 2500 new packages are making me halt my 2018 deal, It is such a beauty!

Vic

Reaction score
Not sure I like the hood - grill interface; kind of looks like the hood is not closed all the way.

clotagames

Reaction score
Think they goofed up on the 2500 upgrade. Was going to wait for one until I saw they did not put the new 1500 cab on the 2500. Looks like they were desperate for a change. Old cab with new dash, grill and 8 speed in the gasser.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
With the exception of the 4th Gen cab and cargo box...the whole truck has been redesigned.

As in another thread about cab size...Ram HD has two cabs(obviously a regular cab too) A crew and a mega. The new 1500 cab would fit awkwardly in between.

The 1500 has the quad and the Crew.

As all motor companies have to cater to a broad spectrum...I feel that as many people who want a quad cab HD there are that want a cab 4inches bigger.

Ram gives a Happy medium standard and offers a class exclusive Mega Cab.

I know, Ford has a bigger standard cab. Chevy still has suicide door quad cabs. I guess they can make sense of it.

Ram posted their take rates on engines,cabs, bed lengths...and being that they said they are pushing Mega Cabs...I think they made a good decision.

You also have to remember the plant shuffle got held up. So they didn't have the new home to work with, so they did what worked at the time.

The 2018 is a great deal, and a tried and true truck.

There is just too much new under the skin for me to pass up giving the 2019 a chance.

Especially for Gas HD. And for HD towing in general.

And with all things new tech costs more and that is a sound point of hesitance.

Will, be interesting to see how well, or slow they sell.

I hope they sell like hot cakes, and make the 2018s sitting on the lot come down even more.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hd trucks are not always redesigned. Ford kept the SD the same for 30 years. Because the exterior cab is the same it keeps you from buying? What is the difference then? It makes no sense you will buy a 18 because the 19 has an 18 cab but everything excluding the cab is new?

I don’t see the logic. I’d buy a 19 HD if I needed one in a heartbeat. They made improvements to an already great truck. You get all new interior and tech and bump in Torque.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It makes no sense you will buy a 18 because the 19 has an 18 cab but everything excluding the cab is new?
They made improvements to an already great truck. You get all new interior and tech and bump in Torque.

My thoughts exactly.

The chassis is new, redesigned and upgraded for the new payloads and towing.

See my other posts on my thoughts about the powerbump...but that 8 speed is going to bring the 6.4l BGE to life.

Another conversation about the Powerwagon being the same...the only thing the same is the wheels and tires (most likely because of the Rebel, expect that to change)

Even the winch and the hookup for the remote was upgraded.

The truck world is an interesting place for thoughts. Keeps me interested.

SupremeWill

Reaction score
Has anyone else seen the ridiculous price increase?? I was going to get a new 2500 but when my dealership told me about the $6k to $8k price increase for a Lonestar I said heck no and got my new 1500

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone else seen the ridiculous price increase?? I was going to get a new 2500 but when my dealership told me about the $6k to $8k price increase for a Lonestar I said heck no and got my new 1500

The price will not be released until the end of next month, and is expected to be the same as the increase of the 2019 over 2018 1500...not too much.

I passed up an awesome deal on a 2018...so far I am very glad i did, but that may change again if they sweeten the deal more.

The Tow Technology Group alone is reason enough, the interior is as amazing as the 5th Gen 1500...and when people make comments like this brand looks like that brand, no one is going to notice the same cab...except someone who really thought they were getting 4 more inches.

I have two complaints...the hood badge and...well that's it, oh the Powerwagon not getting a separate hood like the Rebel

SupremeWill

Reaction score
No one knows the price even dealers

I'm not trying to brag. But due to the business I'm in I buy a new truck every two years and they're always Rams. I do my research and check around before I make a purchase. I had too many people tell me the same price increase between different dealers and RAM reps alike. If only one person had told me that I wouldn't have believed it but when you hear the same thing enough times it starts to sound like the truth.

From what I have been told the price increase on the Laramie is even more.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In all seriousness you may be right on the button given the price increase of the 1500. If I had to guess, I surely wouldn't guess cheaper.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lets pretend for a second 8 grand increase on a limited is accurate. Lets dive into what you are getting for the increase
Upgraded engine
Upgraded interior that is really great
Upgraded tech including towing and 360 camera
Safety package that includes adaptive cruise that on long trips to me is something I cant live without in the future vehicles I own
Rear air ride
Pano roof
Headlights that actually are bright enough to use

I am sure I have left things off but to me the fact that a ford Limited F150 costs 80 grand and I could get a RAM HD for that is enough for me. Prices go up and that is across the board. I honestly think the 2018 RAM HD is a nice truck but for what improvements that are made in the new model it makes it look like a relic. I has a 13 Ram still and I LOVE that truck but comparing to my 19 limited is like comparing coach seats to private plane.

If you are buying a new truck every two years I dont see how 8k bothers you especially for what you are getting. I almost want to find a reason to buy one at this point. I think they are the nicest HD Truck period!

SupremeWill

Reaction score
Oh it's definitely going to be a phenomenal truck. I just wasn't looking to throw down that kind of money. Like I said I get a new one every couple years, and I've seen first hand how badly Ram loose value. But if I was looking to keep it long term I wouldn't mind at all.

I had a buddy go to the local auto show in Houston. He said they had a Laramie limited there with a base sticker price of $90,000....Nope Nope Nope

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So when the new prices come out I won't say I told you so, but you're more than welcome to say **** you were right.
Just using this quote to be sure to give you credit...I seen the 90 grand window sticker...at first was blown away...did some research...none of those prices listed make any sense...and 91695 over the current max of around 76000...I have to believe it is bogus.

But I will check back in one month...@19Ramlimited makes some good points...also...the bighorn/lonestar will have more standard than the 2018 model also...

Oh well, I remember the same talk about the 1500 last year...I dont know of anyone who payed anywhere near sticker.

Users who are viewing this thread