5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That jack is a PITA

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I bought some takeoffs so I'd have a matching spare tire. This morning I decided to swap one with the temporary spare. It needed to be done and it would also give me a chance to make sure I had all the pieces to the jack and so on. Yes, I have all the pieces.

Related note: the spare hanger should have a tab that comes through a lug hole so you can padlock it. Even if someone cuts the cable to steal the tire, they still have to deal with a lock in an awkward spot. But I digress.

Reassembling the jack so it would all fit and wouldn't rattle took longer than anything else!

Anybody preparing to get that stuff out from under the passenger seat ought to take pictures -- maybe even a video -- so they can get it all reassembled properly and rattle-free.

/rant over

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Does anybody recommend a good portable jack? I see those 12v electric/hydraulic but wonder if they’re junk. It would be good to have a solid kit in the truck: tools, breaker bar, jump pack, portable jack. I think I might go start a thread asking what everyone has so we can track it.

Cravenfan

Reaction score
Does anybody recommend a good portable jack? I see those 12v electric/hydraulic but wonder if they’re junk. It would be good to have a solid kit in the truck: tools, breaker bar, jump pack, portable jack. I think I might go start a thread asking what everyone has so we can track it.

One that fits in the RamBox! I have a really old one, but I don't think it will get up high enough to jack up this beast.

Users who are viewing this thread