5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TFL Trucks - 2025 Ram 1500

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was a bit disappointed in their RamCharger video. They don't actually show the interior of it. They say they will show the interior then switch back to very close shots of the regular 1500 Limited Tungsten. I realize that these will be extremely similar, but seemed a bit disingenuous.
Agreed, but he did start off by mentioning it was still a prototype truck and he couldn't open anything.

I'm still not crazy about the new Rebel grill, but I would learn to live with it if I could a Rebel Ramcharger. Seems like it would be great for camping and my wife could still drive it to work and charge it in the parking lot.

I just cringe when I think of the cost.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pricing is insane.. and there isn't enough of a change to get me to jump.

That being said, I have no issue with the TT6 and would be willing to give it a try once the bugs are worked out.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would be fine with the TT6 if it wasn't so boring in character in the other vehicles I've seen it in so far. Sounds like a blender stock and a bit rough with an exhaust.

If it sounded like my BMW or a Nissan GTR, I would be all for it. Maybe some adjustable blowoff valve noise and tune the exhaust character (the way Ford did on their V6 Raptor), embrace the I6 engine and make it interesting. We know the performance specs are there.

Give the engine some pizazz and add a plug-in hybrid system in a Rebel trim and I would be a happy camper into the future!

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would be fine with the TT6 if it wasn't so boring in character in the other vehicles I've seen it in so far. Sounds like a blender stock and a bit rough with an exhaust.

If it sounded like my BMW or a Nissan GTR, I would be all for it. Maybe some adjustable blowoff valve noise and tune the exhaust character (the way Ford did on their V6 Raptor), embrace the I6 engine and make it interesting. We know the performance specs are there.

Give the engine some pizazz and add a plug-in hybrid system in a Rebel trim and I would be a happy camper into the future!
Agreed on the exhaust. Hopefully the aftermarket folks can help out here.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Hoping the Ramcharger fits this statement. It'll be my next truck if so.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed, but he did start off by mentioning it was still a prototype truck and he couldn't open anything.

I'm still not crazy about the new Rebel grill, but I would learn to live with it if I could a Rebel Ramcharger. Seems like it would be great for camping and my wife could still drive it to work and charge it in the parking lot.

I just cringe when I think of the cost.
Agreed - I'm very interested in the idea of a Bighorn or Laramie Ramcharger as it would be a perfect fit for my use scenario. I've been able to trade up every few years since 2014 into new and nicer trucks because of equity and deals though and am less optimistic I'll have enough equity in a 2023 Laramie to upgrade to a 2025 or 2026 Ramcharger without a big payment bump.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed - I'm very interested in the idea of a Bighorn or Laramie Ramcharger as it would be a perfect fit for my use scenario. I've been able to trade up every few years since 2014 into new and nicer trucks because of equity and deals though and am less optimistic I'll have enough equity in a 2023 Laramie to upgrade to a 2025 or 2026 Ramcharger without a big payment bump.

Keep it a year or two longer. They'll get the bugs worked out and hopefully you can do it for cash vs another payment.

lancer-am

Reaction score
Raiti's Rides put up a video today, looks like Feb 22nd is the media blitz day where we will see driving impressions of the 2025 1500, he also said that the interior of the ramcharger could be shown then, so we will see.

BowDown

Reaction score
What actually are these "bugs" that are in the new Hurricane TT6?

SD Rebel

Reaction score
A year I don't think is enough to evaluate bugs of an all new engine.

A major fundamental issue, maybe, but niggles like say lifters, roller pins, cracked manifolds, that could take 3 generations of the design and still not fixed?

But no engine is perfect, and as long as those issues are kept at a small minority of those in the field, it will probably be acceptable.

BowDown

Reaction score
A year I don't think is enough to evaluate bugs of an all new engine.

A major fundamental issue, maybe, but niggles like say lifters, roller pins, cracked manifolds, that could take 3 generations of the design and still not fixed?

But no engine is perfect, and as long as those issues are kept at a small minority of those in the field, it will probably be acceptable.

Given the real infrequency of those issues, are they real systemic issues?
Cracked manifolds have been here since the 1st cast iron manifolds. I don't believe in the lifter myth.

I wouldn't want any issues myself but given the HEMIs "issues" and the lack of changes, I don't think the hurricane should be looked at any differently

BowDown

Reaction score
I do not know of any specific 'bugs' was more referring to the 'new' product teething problems that always pop up on new stuff.

Yeah, I get that but see above.
Id think any major failures have been addressed and anything subsequent may be an isolated issue.

The 2019s haven't really had any "gd you MFn PoS" truck issues

Idahoktm

Reaction score
That is, by far, the best looking Rebel Ram has built. I bought a Laramie in '21, but if given the choice in '25, I would buy the Rebel. Two things I don't like so far. 1. The taillights...they look pink and I don't like the monotone color. 2. The bed step looks like some aftermarket add on. The old bed step tucked away much better.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've heard the new I6 exhaust. I think I know where the bugs are hiding.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yeah, I get that but see above.
Id think any major failures have been addressed and anything subsequent may be an isolated issue.

The 2019s haven't really had any "gd you MFn PoS" truck issues
There's no way to know what any potential bugs may be at this point. The Hemi is a simple design compared to the Hurricane. The more complex the design the higher the chances for bugs. Ford had issues with timing chains in the first gen EcoBoost engines, which generally didn't show up in the first year or two. Ram's initial generation EcoDiesel engines had issues as well.

From what I have read, the hillbilly looking Rambox is standard on the Tungsten and Limited...A total deal breaker for me...
It's funny, because not having ramboxes is a total deal breaker for me. Ramboxes are one of those things that you either love or you hate. It's also funny how many people who are so against them have never owned a truck with them (I used to be one of those people).

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's funny, because not having ramboxes is a total deal breaker for me. Ramboxes are one of those things that you either love or you hate. It's also funny how many people who are so against them have never owned a truck with them (I used to be one of those people).

Truth! After two F150s and now on my third Ram, I have Ramboxes. They are super convenient and the bed divider is a nice touch as well. Just last week, I threw a couple shovels in them when I was headed down to the gate. Kept the dirt contained and out of the bed...

Users who are viewing this thread