5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Test drove a GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation yesterday

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm kind of in the same spot, will either get another Ram or a Sierra Elevation or possibly a Silverado RST. The biggest thing with the GM's is the seats are smaller and harder, although the GM trucks have a lot more front legroom. being 6'8" my knees are right up to the dash in the Ram especially on the right where the dial knob intrudes out a bit. I'm not really a fan of the Fords syling, they just look kind of cheap and generic looking to me.

Kamper

Reaction score
Ive been a ram owner since 19. gen 5 Laramie. best vehicle ive owned in every aspect for a truck. with the deals/discounts on 24's - as we get real close to 25s I thought id start looking.... like the ZR2, ATX, etc... even a Toy Tundra. In the end there was nothing markedly better or improved from the others and I landed a new 24 Laramie w some really nice packages/upgrades. Toy is really the biggest disappointment in quality, materials etc... im amazed at how many new ones have arrived in my community in recent months - wtf?? While you may consider it a lateral move - the truck while feeling all the same really is better, and has some undocumented (not in any sales brochure )updates since 19. wife and I are both blown away at how much nicer and better it is from ride/drive/features. maybe a little bit of a new truck smell but so far couldn't be happier. And the others didn't drive as well and the touch and feel not as quality. could make arguments to get just about any 1500 these days - but the Ram is still my personal top choice

Users who are viewing this thread