5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tesla Unveils Electric Pickup

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Numbers are great, but it's pretty hideous looking.
I am looking forward to the Rivian truck though. That thing looks like it's going to be awesome.

Raylan GIvens

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone read or saw information on the range of the truck at or near full pulling or full load capacity. I did read the posted ranges but it was conspicuously absent at stating if at full load or pulling capacity. It is strange that they are barely getting 250 miles or 350 miles with a passenger car with current battery technology yet all of a sudden are going to step it up with a much heavier truck plus pull or carry a big load the almost same distances? Before I put my money down I would want a lot more info!

I don't believe any figures for how much range to expect when towing have been given. In their defense other automakers don't publish towing MPG estimates either

Obviously it won't go 500 miles towing 14,000 lbs, but neither will my Ram.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
320 miles of range and $100,000 price tag.

I guess the Ram EV can be sold at $125k since it's got more range and looks better then a Cybertruck.
But unless it can do 0-60 in 2.6 seconds and all that stuff, you should probably compare it to the $61k price tag of the base Cybertruck. The $100k version is more like the TRX of the Tesla lineup.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
But unless it can do 0-60 in 2.6 seconds and all that stuff, you should probably compare it to the $61k price tag of the base Cybertruck. The $100k version is more like the TRX of the Tesla lineup.

Though the base truck won't be available until sometime in 2025, so for the next year, that "base" model is $80,000. Still pretty impressive performance compared to ICE, but about the same compared to EV versions.

I like it, more interesting that any full EV I've seen yet, but not in the market for those anytime soon.

silver billet

Reaction score
The only thing that's noteworthy of this truck is the 0 to 60. Be honest, if it was 6 or 7 seconds nobody would buy this thing.

Which shows the target buyer, some people just really want to kiss the bumper of the grandpa in front of them everytime they launch from a stop. 🤷‍♂️

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The only thing that's noteworthy of this truck is the 0 to 60. Be honest, if it was 6 or 7 seconds nobody would buy this thing.

Which shows the target buyer, some people just really want to kiss the bumper of the grandpa in front of them everytime they launch from a stop. 🤷‍♂️
2500 lbs payload and 11,000 lbs towing is nothing to sniff at, though. That's Ram 2500 territory.

silver billet

Reaction score
2500 lbs payload and 11,000 lbs towing is nothing to sniff at, though. That's Ram 2500 territory.

Well, the 11,000 lbs towing is less than some half ton hemis.

The payload is definitely strong, I'll give you that, but I'd consider the competition to this something closer to the Ram Charger; that's going to be a far better deal if you really want to go EV. 14,000 lbs towing 2600 lbs payload, and a far bigger range, all probably at a similar price while looking like a real truck instead of a high school project. Of course these are all base trim specs but still, the Charger is going to do everything better except perhaps 0 to 60 and even that is sub 4 seconds IIRC.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not that I had even 1% interest in one but I was hoping with the big the delay in production Tesla would of styled it to look like some type of real world pick up truck and not something you would envision a 1st grader to draw and design. I’m sure they”ll sell well enough for those with poor taste and have to have to the newest of everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Some footage from the big reveal in Austin talked with folks who ordered one and were taking delivery soon.

All I can say is…. Yup, was about what you’d expect. Hope the Cybertruck has good latte holders.

Users who are viewing this thread