5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrible MPG - 2022 RAM 1500 4WD Crew Cab Short Box 5.7

JohnGow383

Reaction score
Highway tread alone is not going to improve mileage buy much, if both tires are rated the same. The reason you lose a couple of mpg's going to an AT type tread is most of them are LT rated and a lot heavier.
There are loads of factors. The more agressive the tire, the additional diameter, the additional width, below nominal pressure, heavier wheels, additional lights people add which makes vehicle less aerodynamic etc etc etc. All these things have a small impact but all add up.
I believe that 2023 is the last year of the gas guzzling HEMI and then in 2024 they are releasing the EV version.
Whilst the HP and torque of EVs are off the charts I just can't see them being that practical for trucks at this stage anyway. Not sure about where you live but where I live we don't have the infrastructure and the range of these things are abysmal, and that's not even towing.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There are loads of factors. The more agressive the tire, the additional diameter, the additional width, below nominal pressure, heavier wheels, additional lights people add which makes vehicle less aerodynamic etc etc etc. All these things have a small impact but all add up.
I believe that 2023 is the last year of the gas guzzling HEMI and then in 2024 they are releasing the EV version.
Whilst the HP and torque of EVs are off the charts I just can't see them being that practical for trucks at this stage anyway. Not sure about where you live but where I live we don't have the infrastructure and the range of these things are abysmal, and that's not even towing.

I'm talking about the same size tires, AT vs highway tread... nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread