5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TazerDT for 2022 working yet?

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wow! You have the worst luck.😲
My Tazer works perfect on my 22 as long as I stay away from the latest “updates”. Maybe go back a few and try it again. I think you will have much less issues.

Sounds like they have a lot of work to do yet on the new ones. Wish they would do a lot more testing before releasing them.
Which version are you using? I haven't updated mine in a while, don;t actually recall which version I settled on, but I wouldn't mind having the kill3honk work on a more regular basis

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I contacted them today. Still no navigation in Motion for u connect 5 😒
It's been said that Nav in motion will never work with Uconnect 5 due to the way it's configured with tomtom.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's been said that Nav in motion will never work with Uconnect 5 due to the way it's configured with tomtom.
The website says it works for 2023s. They have uc5 and TomTom as far as I know.
Doesn't explain my windows going down when I open my tailgate. Or camera in motion completely breaking my UC5 for an entire trip.

They still havnt changed their website or manual to say most features only work on 2019-2021 but have no problem adding in Trx and 2023s as working.
Wonder how many people buying 2023s or even older 2022s now buy the TazerDT and get shafted $30 as a restocking fee when they return it like myself when it didn't work. No wonder why it isn't sold on Amazon they would get zapped with all the free returns for defective goods :-/

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Which version are you using? I haven't updated mine in a while, don;t actually recall which version I settled on, but I wouldn't mind having the kill3honk work on a more regular basis
4D2AAA05-8412-48B5-9AD7-DBF4D4625329.png

barrak

Reaction score
The website says it works for 2023s. They have uc5 and TomTom as far as I know.
Doesn't explain my windows going down when I open my tailgate. Or camera in motion completely breaking my UC5 for an entire trip.

They still havnt changed their website or manual to say most features only work on 2019-2021 but have no problem adding in Trx and 2023s as working.
Wonder how many people buying 2023s or even older 2022s now buy the TazerDT and get shafted $30 as a restocking fee when they return it like myself when it didn't work. No wonder why it isn't sold on Amazon they would get zapped with all the free returns for defective goods :-/
I have a Tazer DT with 18.2.4 firmware on my '23 Longhorn, with InMotionNav enabled. Still cannot enter addresses into my UC5 screen while the truck is moving.

Regarding the TurnCam behavior you mentioned in a previous post, I get similar behavior with ParkCam enabled. Once triggered by an obstacle, video feeds show up on screen with touch/button input functionalities disabled till I put vehicle in Reverse or turn off vehicle. I disabled ParkCam the other day and all is well now.

I'm not thrilled with the Tazer DT either, but as long as its PIN Lock keeps protecting my truck I'm keeping it in there. I would've ditched it otherwise.

barrak

Reaction score
I'm Curious if the following PIN Lock behavior is standard or just model year-specific. Here's a typical scenario: I park, turn off the vehicle and wait in there till my kid joins me after finishing her music lesson. Restarting the vehicle would prompt me for the PIN. I would have preferred it didn't request PIN reentry unless I exit the vehicle.

A minor annoying on its own. A much nastier one when the e-Torque Start/Stop feature is active. An auto restart would send the Tazer/Vehicle into Hijack mode!!! I have Start/Stop permanently turned off now. Lucky the Tazer remembers that setting for me and keeps it off.

Having the Tazer in my truck reminds me of my Mother-In-Law's long visits (may she rest in peace). A drama queen she was, but her cooking made up for it big time. I just switch into "Eyes on the prize" mode.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have a Tazer DT with 18.2.4 firmware on my '23 Longhorn, with InMotionNav enabled. Still cannot enter addresses into my UC5 screen while the truck is moving.

Regarding the TurnCam behavior you mentioned in a previous post, I get similar behavior with ParkCam enabled. Once triggered by an obstacle, video feeds show up on screen with touch/button input functionalities disabled till I put vehicle in Reverse or turn off vehicle. I disabled ParkCam the other day and all is well now.

I'm not thrilled with the Tazer DT either, but as long as its PIN Lock keeps protecting my truck I'm keeping it in there. I would've ditched it otherwise.
As far as I know I didn't engage park cam, but it was enabled. I have since disabled both features.
I will try with just turn cam and see what happens.

I can't comment on the Pin lock, I wouldn't trust that to work properly without screwing up my truck based upon all the other "features" the tazer has.

I don't understand why camera in motion does not work, but somehow turncam does, I'm in motion when I'm using my blinkers so wtf?

barrak

Reaction score
As far as I know I didn't engage park cam, but it was enabled. I have since disabled both features.
I will try with just turn cam and see what happens.
Once enabled, ParkCam auto-engages whenever a front sensor picks an object. Problem for me was that engagement locks out the screen for anything else for the remainder of the trip, unless and until I shift to Reverse or to Park/Engine Off.

I never tried TurnCam, though I could see its value when pulling a trailer. Might try it soon, as I need to teach my college kid how to manage and pull our 10-foot utility trailer.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Once enabled, ParkCam auto-engages whenever a front sensor picks an object. Problem for me was that engagement locks out the screen for anything else for the remainder of the trip, unless and until I shift to Reverse or to Park/Engine Off.

I never tried TurnCam, though I could see its value when pulling a trailer. Might try it soon, as I need to teach my college kid how to manage and pull our 10-foot utility trailer.
I don't want turncam, I want camera in motion but camera in motion doesn't work, so turncam would be my work around for camera in motion.

Mainly for when I am parking but my truck wants me to go stupid slow before allowing the 360 camera

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I wonder if this works on 2022s, they claim it does.

I emailed naviks because Z automotive is not up front with what does not work with their products and I don't know if this is another company that sells stuff that doesn't work.
This is the response I got back from Naviks.
Our unit will allow you to access all the cameras at any speed, and input address into the car while the car is moving. To activate the cameras at any speed you will press the right middle button on the back of the steering for 7 seconds and same procedure to turn camera image off. The rear left middle button on the steering wheel is used to activate the address input in motion function

Looks like something is getting done about the inmotion that the truck sees as it isn't a complete bypass but a toggle bypass. They also said after the address is input you need to hold down the button for nav to resume, so I think the GPS signal is getting blocked\frozen during that time.

This is also a unit for UC5, not UC4.

I wonder how hard it is to get behind the 12 inch radio without breaking trim pieces.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well the TazerDT still doesn't work with nav in motion or cameras in motion with 2022+\UC5.

This NAViKS does

Installs behind the radio. 6 screws and a few push clips for maybe 10 minutes of work.
Working perfectly for me.
Z-automotive has said it will never work on UC5

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Z-automotive has said it will never work on UC5
I know you keep saying that, but I don't see it anywhere on their website or manuals because they don't want people to know
Where does it say that on ANY of their documentation?
Either way I'm just letting people know there is a product that works like it says it does if they want those features as i'm sure a bunch of people run across this thread wondering the same thing.
With TazerDT
No nav in motion.
No camera in motion.
1693752596200.png
1693752658138.png
1693752731495.png
1693752846405.png
1693752982085.png

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know you keep saying that, but I don't see it anywhere on their website or manuals because they don't want people to know
Where does it say that on ANY of their documentation?
Either way I'm just letting people know there is a product that works like it says it does if they want those features as i'm sure a bunch of people run across this thread wondering the same thing.
With TazerDT
No nav in motion.
No camera in motion.
View attachment 166595
View attachment 166596
View attachment 166597
View attachment 166598
View attachment 166599
List of changes for most recent update

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230903-102112.png
    Screenshot_20230903-102112.png
    113.8 KB · Views: 16

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
List of changes for most recent update
"is not supported by the radio" but it works fine with NAViKS.
More like "we don't know how to make it work, or out device is not supported". The radio is not the problem.

Interesting it's buried in patch notes and the front page lists incorrect information...

Turn cam doesn't work properly on 2022s either.

It's almost like they think people aren't buying the device for those features and don't care to find out they don't work.
They had the nerve to charge me a $30 restocking fee (and never tell me) when I returned mine I purchased new that never worked properly long before those patch notes.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
"is not supported by the radio" but it works fine with NAViKS.
More like "we don't know how to make it work, or out device is not supported". The radio is not the problem.

Interesting it's buried in patch notes and the front page lists incorrect information...

Turn cam doesn't work properly on 2022s either.

It's almost like they think people aren't buying the device for those features and don't care to find out they don't work.
They had the nerve to charge me a $30 restocking fee (and never tell me) when I returned mine I purchased new that never worked properly long before those patch notes.
Front page doesn't list incorrect information. The instructions cover all model yearaz and it does work on UC4. Not sure what Naviks does to make it work, but it's not like the engineers at Z-automotive are incompetent. They make a lot of things work that aren't even available from the factory.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Front page doesn't list incorrect information. The instructions cover all model yearaz and it does work on UC4. Not sure what Naviks does to make it work, but it's not like the engineers at Z-automotive are incompetent. They make a lot of things work that aren't even available from the factory.
NAViKS even called me before shipping my order to make sure I knew the turn signals would not trigger the camera. It's not even an option they list on their webstie. That's great support and getting in front of it before shipping a product that doesn't meet expectations.
I just find the support and information from z-automotive lacking and charging a restocking fee for a product that doesn't work as advertised.

Also all of those pictures are from the front page of their website.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
NAViKS even called me before shipping my order to make sure I knew the turn signals would not trigger the camera. It's not even an option they list on their webstie. That's great support and getting in front of it before shipping a product that doesn't meet expectations.
I just find the support and information from z-automotive lacking and charging a restocking fee for a product that doesn't work as advertised.

Also all of those pictures are from the front page of their website.
And the picture I posted isn't some obscure hidden information. Part of owning products like the TazerDT, Naviks, or even messing around with alfaObd is understanding them and doing some research. I'm not saying you are wrong, that is doesn't work for your truck, but it's not like they are hiding the fact. They should probably update the description.

It appears the Naviks is a bypass harness that must block some inputs to the head unit to allow in-motion. Much like on aftermarket head units where you just ground the "park" wire to allow use of functions while in drive. Since you can't even find install manual on their website, does it just plug in to SGW harness like TazerDT, or do you have to remove the display and plug in behind dash?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online