5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TazerDT for 2022 working yet?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Anyone with a 2022 have the TazerDT working for nav entry motion and camera in motion?
Their website claims it supports 2023s now also which seems extremely odd considering their support track record for new vehicles.

ngtmre88

Reaction score
Guess it's still broken on the 2022s since I don't see anyone flooding this with posts.
I have a DT for my 22 Rebel. I can 100% confirm that the "Disable IN MOTION for Nav" does not save properly, or over-ride the safety protocol from RAM.

Additionally, I have been using my DT for roughly 7-8 months, and I am also avidly checking firmware so I am up to date currently. I have been having issues of the module interfering with my in-line SS Delete I have installed, and also randomly deleting my carplay devices. I mainly use the DT for the "HALO OFF" and "Amber DRL", but with the recent frustrations of settings not being saved and setting also being removed/disabled/deleted. I have opt'd to not use the DT at all and looking for alternative options for DRL Amber lighting.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have a DT for my 22 Rebel. I can 100% confirm that the "Disable IN MOTION for Nav" does not save properly, or over-ride the safety protocol from RAM.

Additionally, I have been using my DT for roughly 7-8 months, and I am also avidly checking firmware so I am up to date currently. I have been having issues of the module interfering with my in-line SS Delete I have installed, and also randomly deleting my carplay devices. I mainly use the DT for the "HALO OFF" and "Amber DRL", but with the recent frustrations of settings not being saved and setting also being removed/disabled/deleted. I have opt'd to not use the DT at all and looking for alternative options for DRL Amber lighting.
You change change both of those settings via alfaobd, which is an android app.
Just need a security bypass module (you can use your tazer for that) and an odb2 to Bluetooth sensor for the app.

After you set it, no need to leave anything connected as it saves it to your truck.

ngtmre88

Reaction score
You change change both of those settings via alfaobd, which is an android app.
Just need a security bypass module (you can use your tazer for that) and an odb2 to Bluetooth sensor for the app.

After you set it, no need to leave anything connected as it saves it to your truck.

All this time and there is an app for this damn thing?! lol.. Is there a video anywhere breaking down how to do this, the way you explained? I'd be willing to try it again if I can set and unplug. Currently when I unplug the device, I lose all of my settings.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
All this time and there is an app for this damn thing?! lol.. Is there a video anywhere breaking down how to do this, the way you explained? I'd be willing to try it again if I can set and unplug. Currently when I unplug the device, I lose all of my settings.
There is a whole thread.

Essentially you are going into the computer of the truck so you don't want to screw around with settings you don't understand

Here is a video I found which should get you the gist of it

These are the 2 commands you can change

This is likely your "halo delete" This turns off the signature light (the brows). They will still turn on at night when the headlights are on.
CBC Extern Light Calibr: Signature Light Present - No

This is to change DRL to the blinkers (amber lights)
DRL Lamp Location - Turn Signal DRL

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
works now you need to update your taser
Not from everyone else on every other thread.
They still say it doesn't work.

Anyone with a 2022 have the TazerDT working for nav entry motion and camera in motion?
Their website claims it supports 2023s now also which seems extremely odd considering their support track record for new vehicles.

slivoman

Reaction score
They have said multiple times Uconnect 5 will never work with nav in motion

slivoman

Reaction score
They said NAV for sure a big fat no, not sure about cameras

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
After another year I got another Tazer DT used this time and are giving it a whirl.
So far it seems much improved, but some the features I have tried so far still don't work despite being documented and listed as working.
Navigating the menus is much better, about as good as I can expect.

DRL on all the time (even at night) now no longer works properly, and engages the lights in your side view mirrors (even if not changing your DRL with Tazer and already having it working with Alfaobd)
Unable to roll down windows with remote fob

I have a bunch more features to test but it's looking like meh again.

Update: windows work with fob. Manual was\is incorrect.
Engine OFF, 5 unlock to open, 5 lock to close.
Does NOT function while the truck is on (remote start)

Last edited:

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
After another year I got another Tazer DT used this time and are giving it a whirl.
So far it seems much improved, but some the features I have tried so far still don't work despite being documented and listed as working.
Navigating the menus is much better, about as good as I can expect.

DRL on all the time (even at night) now no longer works properly, and engages the lights in your side view mirrors (even if not changing your DRL with Tazer and already having it working with Alfaobd)
Unable to roll down windows with remote fob

I have a bunch more features to test but it's looking like meh again.
I can lower/raise my windows with the key fob. Tried it a few times and worked just fine. Just haven’t found any reason to use it on a regular basis.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I can lower/raise my windows with the key fob. Tried it a few times and worked just fine. Just haven’t found any reason to use it on a regular basis.
Just put what I found here.
It works with truck OFF, and differnet number of presses, the manual gives incorrect information.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well the TazerDT still is a never-ending disappointment
Another year goes by and still can't do most of it's "features".

Nav in motion does not work
Camera in motion does not work (bunch of people claimed it worked on 2022, but it 100% does not)
kill3honk also didn't seem to work anymore it worked last year, but it honked at me when I stepped out to use my tailgate yesterday (it is enabled in the settings)

djhiltz

Reaction score
I contacted them today. Still no navigation in Motion for u connect 5 😒

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I contacted them today. Still no navigation in Motion for u connect 5 😒
Or camera in motion...
It really still doesn't do much more then I already can do with Alfaobd.

They are updating their documentation and claims they even support 2023s, yeah right lol.

I think ill be re-selling this already re-sold TazerDT soon. Bummer was hoping more features worked then last year but it doesn't look like it :(

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
So despite camera in motion not working, turn cam does.
Funny thing though once you put your blinker on it changes to the rear camera, when the blinker goes off it shows the front camera.

You are no longer allowed to use your radio until the truck is turned off.
You can't change the camera views by touching and the X does nothing.
Hitting the power button stops music playing but the screen stays and and will not change from the camera view

So turn cam forces camera in motion and disables all other features and touches on your radio.
Nice to see all the progress they made in a year LOL.

I also found out if you hit open tailgate a few times the Tazer will roll your windows down. I had my windows down for 2 hours yesterday as dropped my tailgate to the stuff inside could air out since it was left overnight, and when I went outside I saw flys and bugs inside my truck and both my front windows were wide open.
There is no way to disable the Tazer from touching your windows as it's broken non-configurable live feature.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So despite camera in motion not working, turn cam does.
Funny thing though once you put your blinker on it changes to the rear camera, when the blinker goes off it shows the front camera.

You are no longer allowed to use your radio until the truck is turned off.
You can't change the camera views by touching and the X does nothing.
Hitting the power button stops music playing but the screen stays and and will not change from the camera view

So turn cam forces camera in motion and disables all other features and touches on your radio.
Nice to see all the progress they made in a year LOL.

I also found out if you hit open tailgate a few times the Tazer will roll your windows down. I had my windows down for 2 hours yesterday as dropped my tailgate to the stuff inside could air out since it was left overnight, and when I went outside I saw flys and bugs inside my truck and both my front windows were wide open.
There is no way to disable the Tazer from touching your windows as it's broken non-configurable live feature.
Wow! You have the worst luck.😲
My Tazer works perfect on my 22 as long as I stay away from the latest “updates”. Maybe go back a few and try it again. I think you will have much less issues.

Sounds like they have a lot of work to do yet on the new ones. Wish they would do a lot more testing before releasing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/