5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TazerDT for 2022 working yet?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
And the picture I posted isn't some obscure hidden information. Part of owning products like the TazerDT, Naviks, or even messing around with alfaObd is understanding them and doing some research. I'm not saying you are wrong, that is doesn't work for your truck, but it's not like they are hiding the fact. They should probably update the description.

It appears the Naviks is a bypass harness that must block some inputs to the head unit to allow in-motion. Much like on aftermarket head units where you just ground the "park" wire to allow use of functions while in drive. Since you can't even find install manual on their website, does it just plug in to SGW harness like TazerDT, or do you have to remove the display and plug in behind dash?
It's a device that goes in-line of the radios connections in back (not the head unit, but the box behind it).
2 screws on the top of the radio, then pull. Then 4 screws for the box no more clips.
The device itself is a box that came pre-configured with dip switches in it, I assume for other models or functions.
Support was very friendly and knowledgeable and they responded to my query on their website quickly and gave me a number to call if I had any questions before ordering. Was a bit pricy at $250, but it works. I wish they would make a DVR for our trucks, I bet they would be able to pull it off.

Unlike the TazerDT this requires user input to be able to activate the functions and they are not live 24/7
Need to hold down the right media circle button on the back of the steeling wheel for 3-7 seconds to activate the cameras, once they are activated you can touch it and use it however you want, but you can't close it. The TazerDT sometimes does this too, and the only way to clear your screen it to shut the entire truck off.
When you are done you need to hold the same button for 3 seconds and it closes the cameras.

For the nav entry in motion you do the same thing but the left button, interestingly it doesn't pause the nav or say I am going 0 mph. They said to not leave the nav enabled, but I don't think it matters as everything works just leaving it bypassed\enabled.
I did also notice a byproduct is the offroad pages work while going over 25mpg while the nav entry in motion is bypassed. Must be looking at the same thing to determine speed.

I think the problem with the TazerDT is it needs to assign a button to activate some of the features on UC5 as it can't just be bypassed the entire time or else it doesn't work, such as turn cam causing the camera to go on and never go off and not allow any access to anything on the radio until the engine is turned off completely.

This is the device

1693784086758.jpeg
1693784092180.jpeg

This is behind the radio's screen in our trucks (12 inch if it matters)
1693784096780.jpeg
1693784177639.png

Users who are viewing this thread