5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tazer DT reboot process

Toothninja

Reaction score
What is the Tazer reboot process? I’ve read through hundreds of threads/responses to no avail. I’m trying to get rid of a cruise control error code, so I cannot use it to clear the codes. Please help...
ZAutomotive says that someone will be able to help tomorrow, but I’m trying to get this done on my day off. Thanks in advance.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don’t have one but there is a big thread I will link to below where it is discussed I believe. I have also quoted one of the entries:

“After all changes are in do a full reboot where is shuts the ignition off on the truck open and close door two times by waiting for dash to go dark afterwards ( About 60 seconds or so)”

full thread:

Toothninja

Reaction score
Thanks, I’ve spent the last several hours reading this thread, and I’ve even bookmarked this exact response. I’m having trouble completely understanding it.

Turn off truck, open door, close door, wait until it turns black, open door again, close door again, let it turn black again, then press the start button until run (all without the foot on the brake). Do I have to have the truck running before starting this process? Do I need to leave the door open for more than five seconds or anything specific like that?

Is this the “reboot” process? What does this do exactly?? If this is correct, I’m still unable to clear the cruise control error code. If this is incorrect, please correct the process for me! Thanks again!!

Toothninja

Reaction score
I have tried sending messages to another member who had the same problem, but he/she hasn’t been on here in several months. If anyone else has any ideas...
Thanks again Patsy1099 for your help and ideas!

saturn298

Reaction score
Thanks, I’ve spent the last several hours reading this thread, and I’ve even bookmarked this exact response. I’m having trouble completely understanding it.

Turn off truck, open door, close door, wait until it turns black, open door again, close door again, let it turn black again, then press the start button until run (all without the foot on the brake). Do I have to have the truck running before starting this process? Do I need to leave the door open for more than five seconds or anything specific like that?

Is this the “reboot” process? What does this do exactly?? If this is correct, I’m still unable to clear the cruise control error code. If this is incorrect, please correct the process for me! Thanks again!!
I use alfaobd. After every change the module has to "reset" to learn the change. the truck shouldn't be running while doing any changes or immediately after. I turn the truck off after wait for a min or so open the door close it. Then go back in to do more changes etc.

Toothninja

Reaction score
Well, at this point, Zautomotive has been less than helpful. Responded a few times with absolutely no help. He said try to unmarry the Tazer. I can’t unmarry the Tazer due to the cruise control button not accepting any input.

Does anyone know how to clear the cruise control codes without taking the truck to the stealership? I tried the OBDII scanner, but it doesn’t show any actual errocodes?!?

saturn298

Reaction score
Well, at this point, Zautomotive has been less than helpful. Responded a few times with absolutely no help. He said try to unmarry the Tazer. I can’t unmarry the Tazer due to the cruise control button not accepting any input.

Does anyone know how to clear the cruise control codes without taking the truck to the stealership? I tried the OBDII scanner, but it doesn’t show any actual errocodes?!?
A basic scanner wont pick that up. Take it to a local shop and ask them to clear it.

Toothninja

Reaction score
So here is how I was able to finally fix it.
1. Ask ZAuto for firmware version 18.0.1
2. Uninstall firmware 18.0.3
3. Install version 18.0.1
4. Clear CELs, full reboot, unmarry Tazer
5. Uninstall 18.0.1, reinstall 18.0.3
6. Marry Tazer and start all over again...

My local shop couldn’t clear the codes. My OBDII scanner wasn’t reading any codes to clear. It was going to be at least 3 weeks before I could get an appointment with the dealership.

I am happy to say that, as of right now, the Tazer is working. My speedometer is correct. My surround cameras are working. Call me pleased at this point!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online