5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tazer DT on 2025 Limited

LOWRMPG

Reaction score
I'm assuming the Tazer DT will work on my 2025, anyone actually use this on a 2025?

I'm assuming the Tazer DT will work on my 2025, anyone actually use this on a 2025?
I wouldn't assume that because it won't. The whole canbus and message system is different than the 2024 and lower. Until they can "crack it", it won't be available.

Well that is interesting since Tazer told me it would work....wondering if anyone tried it yet.

Right. I have the Tazer on my JLU and it works great, was hoping to find something for the Ram so I can do tires and other things.

Tazer said a full refund if it doesn't work, so I ordered it. Guess we'll know shortly.

Last edited:
Right. I have the Tazer on my JLU and it works great, was hoping to find something for the Ram so I can do tires and other things.

Tazer said a full refund if it doesn't work, so I ordered it. Guess we'll know shortly.
Please keep us posted.

All the commemts that the 2025 is different makes me wonder how many new modules were implemented in 2025 and if that's the reason for problems. As I recall, the star can bus in previous models (interconnect board with multiple modules connected) was only allowed in LS CAN 125kbps. I believe bypassing the gateway was simply plugging into the star network with a low speed adapter. If all the modules were upgraded to CANFD, then the bus can be much higher speed with encrypted traffic and designed with cybersecurity in mind. Also the only way into the bus is by serial insertion (no star in CANFD). If this is the case, good luck to anyone trying to hack the bus. 2024 may be the last year for adding features after the truck was built.

All the commemts that the 2025 is different makes me wonder how many new modules were implemented in 2025 and if that's the reason for problems. As I recall, the star can bus in previous models (interconnect board with multiple modules connected) was only allowed in LS CAN 125kbps. I believe bypassing the gateway was simply plugging into the star network with a low speed adapter. If all the modules were upgraded to CANFD, then the bus can be much higher speed with encrypted traffic and designed with cybersecurity in mind. Also the only way into the bus is by serial insertion (no star in CANFD). If this is the case, good luck to anyone trying to hack the bus. 2024 may be the last year for adding features after the truck was built.

Yep, you have it correct about CANFD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back