5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use the following so far:

• Nav in motion
• Fog Dropout - Off
• Cameras View programmed to Cruise Resume button for quick access
•0-60 Timer
•Light Show

I'm going to create a custom light show that keeps the headlights and side mirror lights on steady if possible. It'll serve as a way to provide lights when needed without the timeout.

Fixing the display issues with Pulsar will make it perfect.

Crazy suggestion but I'd like a "throttle lock" feature that holds a throttle position until the brake is pressed. This would offer maximum economy by allowing MDS to stay engaged by avoiding throttle changes unlike the cruise control.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

• Nav in motion
• Fog Dropout - Off
•0-60 Timer
•Light Show

I'm going to create a custom light show that keeps the headlights and side mirror lights on steady if possible. It'll serve as a way to provide lights when needed without the timeout.

Crazy suggestion but I'd like a "throttle lock" feature that holds a throttle position until the brake is pressed. This would offer maximum economy by allowing MDS to stay engaged by avoiding throttle changes unlike the cruise control.
Great info. Watching for news from you once the Pulsar conflict is worked out.

grinch72

Reaction score
TurnCAM - Unusable with 360 view trucks. Waiting for the next update to default to the rear camera
Works on my truck with 360 view. The downside to me is that it disables NAV in motion. I also wish it would default to the rear wideview!

Jagtyson

Reaction score

• Nav in motion
• Fog Dropout - Off
•0-60 Timer
•Light Show

ExcursionD, I bought my tazer last week based on your work on the Pulsar/Tazer conflict. I too am looking forward to a resolution. Until then I will be following your install instruction (wax on wax off) pull pulsar, install taser, program, reinstall pulsar, dont use live controls.

Keep up the good work.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ExcursionD, I bought my tazer last week based on your work on the Pulsar/Tazer conflict. I too am looking forward to a resolution. Until then I will be following your install instruction (wax on wax off) pull pulsar, install taser, program, reinstall pulsar, dont use live controls.

Keep up the good work.
Live Functions work. You just can't reliably see what you're doing. The dedicated button functions like Left+Res (fast idle), Left+Set+ (Front Brake Line Lock) and Left+Set- (All Brake Lock) work fine. Assigning a Live Function to the Res button works too. 0-30 and 0-60 timers work if you can manage to get it to that mode without seeing the menus. The elapsed times display properly.

I assume the programmer is working on a fix.

Wheeler

Reaction score
Here is my take.
Speedo meter is showing correct speed took few tries to Match speed since 35 is not true 35. 34.24 is for my tires depend on the manufacturer. It did also corrected odometer that was 10 % off. No real MPG gain but EVIC display gain 2 mpg since truck was not reading accurate distance traveled before calibration. Auto mirror fold is great. No much use of turn cam on will switch to nav in motion.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed Tazer yesterday. Had a bit of a time locating the module wires under dash but was okay after some help from a great member here.The tazer is excellent for what I wanted. Item enhanced as follows:
Fogs lights enabled with bright lights.
Seat belt dinger disabled.
Enabled cams to work in motion.( used while towing flat bed trailer last knight and its awesome to check on cargo in trailer)
Enable Navigation in motion. ( wife used it yesterday while we was driving)

Happy camper! :)

Thanks to member for the discount,thanks to member who assisted with wire location.

jojopinto

Reaction score
Installed tazer but rearvie cam is blank now just bright blue screen
I have the same issue and have done a full reboot 3 times with no luck in fixing it. I know have a service stability control light on and can't get rid of it. Did I get a lemon or WTF gives.
I texted Z automotive with no response. Does any one have any ideas for me. So far not very please with this unit.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Chris

Reaction score
I messaged the vendor on Facebook (unashamedly begging for the discount), and they added me to their list and gave me the code. No promises, but worth a shot.

I received mine yesterday, but I'm waiting to install it until April 5th since I am bringing the truck to the dealership for the pedal recall and to look at the cameras again (both to investigate adding the rear camera centerline and to investigate the freezing temp image corruption again); I know that (after connecting then when removing the Tazer) the truck can be reset to default in theory, but I would just have to repeat all the work twice for only a week's benefit if I connected it now.

whetrick1

Reaction score
I messaged the vendor on Facebook (unashamedly begging for the discount), and they added me to their list and gave me the code. No promises, but worth a shot.

I received mine yesterday, but I'm waiting to install it until April 5th since I am bringing the truck to the dealership for the pedal recall and to look at the cameras again (both to investigate adding the rear camera centerline and to investigate the freezing temp image corruption again); I know that (after connecting then when removing the Tazer) the truck can be reset to default in theory, but I would just have to repeat all the work twice for only a week's benefit if I connected it now.

Yeah I waited I took mine in for the recalls and oil change. Took them 30 mins to do the recalls. Then the oil change and was out of there in a hours time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the same issue and have done a full reboot 3 times with no luck in fixing it. I know have a service stability control light on and can't get rid of it. Did I get a lemon or WTF gives.
I texted Z automotive with no response. Does any one have any ideas for me. So far not very please with this unit.
Have you tried resetting the CEL?

myram2019

Reaction score

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Sometimes he answers right away and other times takes a few hours to hear back, but he always answers.
Check the number and try him once more ( obliviously not right now ) tomorrow. keeps us updated on what you find.

jojopinto

Reaction score
Have you tried resetting the CEL?
I did not try resetting cel, the only way to get my back up cam back is to unmarry then full reboot and start all over, I reset all of the options I want and the backup cam will go out again, I have unmarried twice now but haven't figured out what setting is doing it yet, this time I married it and did not set anything to do with the cam just the nav in motion, mirror fold and some others and so far my cam is still working..

I will need more time to experiment as this is very time consuming. Hopefully a update will solve the issue.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

jojopinto

Reaction score
Sometimes he answers right away and other times takes a few hours to hear back, but he always answers.
Check the number and try him once more ( obliviously not right now ) tomorrow. keeps us updated on what you find.
I am using the number that the shipping info came from maybe it's the wrong one, haven't found another to use, I will try email next. Thanks

Chris

Reaction score
I did not try resetting cel, the only way to get my back up cam back is to unmarry then full reboot and start all over, I reset all of the options I want and the backup cam will go out again, I have unmarried twice now but haven't figured out what setting is doing it yet, this time I married it and did not set anything to do with the cam just the nav in motion, mirror fold and some others and so far my cam is still working..

I will need more time to experiment as this is very time consuming. Hopefully a update will solve the issue.

You aren't trying to use Nav in motion and Turncam simultaneously, are you? Instructions state it should auto disable the other when one is selected, but if it isn't then they may conflict.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After all changes are in do a full reboot where is shuts the ignition off on the truck open and close door two times by waiting for dash to go dark afterwards ( About 60 seconds or so). Not just the radio reboot.:). I had check engine light soon flashing at one point during set up....went in settings of tazer and cleared cels and then a full reboot all issues was resolved all working great.:) Not sure that helps but thought I would add it in.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also on the back up cam issue not working properly I forgot to mention a work around I had discovered.......Go to uconnect and select aps and select 360 Cams and see if that will not reset the back up cam to work okay. It seems the backup cam selection after you have double tapped mute to enter cams does not want to reset like all other cams from the double tap entry. I resolved it using aps in unconnect with selecting 360 Cams option. The 360 option was flashing also when I went in to the ap so I just selected 360 all went well a couple times while hauling a flat bed trailer after section of back up cam. Viewing your cams from double tap mute button EXCEPT the back up cam I had no issues what so ever. this is not in the instructions I just stumbled in to it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread