5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tazer DT firmware 18.2.4

T3FLONDON

Reaction score
Hello all,
I just found this forum so hopefully, I'm posting this in the correct way. I just purchased the Tazer DT b/c of all of the reviews I've been seeing online. Once I received the device I immediately updated it to the latest firmware 18.2.4. Installed it in my truck. I activated all the features that interested me one being the Amber DRL, PIN Lock, and TurnCam. One thing I noticed about the Amber DRLs, it also activates my rearview mirror turn signal and turns them into DRL during the day, and keeps them Amber at night.. a pretty cool feature I haven't seen anyone talk about. It has a couple of bugs, the turn signal sometimes drop out no big concern, but my 360 cam view is no longer accessible via touchscreen, every time i press it nothing happens very odd. it works when I put the truck in reverse but not when I try to manually access it .. Has Anyone else experienced this issue?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all,
I just found this forum so hopefully, I'm posting this in the correct way. I just purchased the Tazer DT b/c of all of the reviews I've been seeing online. Once I received the device I immediately updated it to the latest firmware 18.2.4. Installed it in my truck. I activated all the features that interested me one being the Amber DRL, PIN Lock, and TurnCam. One thing I noticed about the Amber DRLs, it also activates my rearview mirror turn signal and turns them into DRL during the day, and keeps them Amber at night.. a pretty cool feature I haven't seen anyone talk about. It has a couple of bugs, the turn signal sometimes drop out no big concern, but my 360 cam view is no longer accessible via touchscreen, every time i press it nothing happens very odd. it works when I put the truck in reverse but not when I try to manually access it .. Has Anyone else experienced this issue?
What model year is your Ram?

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Try reinstalling. I have a 2023 and do not have any of the issues you describe. I have all the features you have except the pin currently. Running same software as you

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know the turn cam issue is something 2023 owners have complained about

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
yeah, it was glitchy from the start sometimes not working and when it did, it would often stay on even past the turn to where I had to manually exit it.
At least you could manually exit it. I had to disable it as it would force the camera on and the x wouldn't work and holding down the power button (UC5) wouldn't be able to restart the radio.

T3FLONDON

Reaction score
At least you could manually exit it. I had to disable it as it would force the camera on and the x wouldn't work and holding down the power button (UC5) wouldn't be able to restart the radio.
have you activated your Amber DRL? and if so, did your side markers on your mirrors light up Amber too?

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
have you activated your Amber DRL? and if so, did your side markers on your mirrors light up Amber too?
Yes but my mirror markers don’t light up because I use an older version. Honestly I don’t want those to light up so won’t be updating anytime soon. The older version when Kill3Honk was added does everything I want with zero glitches like so many others are seeing.

T3FLONDON

Reaction score
Yes but my mirror markers don’t light up because I use an older version. Honestly I don’t want those to light up so won’t be updating anytime soon. The older version when Kill3Honk was added does everything I want with zero glitches like so many others are seeing.
Which FW version are you currently on? I do like the side marker DRLs and Night time look

T3FLONDON

Reaction score
Just did the update and I like the mirror ambers as a DRL add.
Me too... they do sometimes drop out though. you have to turn on that blinker to turn them back on.. hopefully, they fix this .. but it does look badass with the amber DRL at night though

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are there any issues with UConnect 5 and the Tazer? I just ordered a new 2024 Ram and I am curious if all will carry over from UC4 to UC5?

Users who are viewing this thread