5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tank...Delivered last night

SaltyMac

Reaction score
Mods forth coming. Stickers for added HP coming doon
0b2742dc270f1a5dcfe7e353d290e173.jpg

BTS, LVL 2, 5.7 E, 3.92, DPSun, U Con 12"- 35 s and level siting in the Suez..

Last edited:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Sweet truck! Welcome to the forum and congratulations!!

Pls add your truck's vitals to your signature when you have a moment. This makes it easier for other folks to help in case you have questions or concerns about your vehicle.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man I really wish they would have had more of the unique colors for the Rebel. I waited over a year to get my truck, and I would have waited several more months to find one in that color.

SaltyMac

Reaction score
Sweet truck! Welcome to the forum and congratulations!!

Pls add your truck's vitals to your signature when you have a moment. This makes it easier for other folks to help in case you have questions or concerns about your vehicle.
Will do, as soon as I figure out how to do so, got some learning to do.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

NGEN

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Man I really wish they would have had more of the unique colors for the Rebel. I waited over a year to get my truck, and I would have waited several more months to find one in that color.
Imagine that Green in the Rebel trim.....

Makes me want to wrap my truck in that color.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Imagine that Green in the Rebel trim.....

Makes me want to wrap my truck in that color.
Right? That green and all black everything else. My brother had a Wrangler like that in the early 2000's, and I've been hooked ever since.

vegasandre

Reaction score
Mods forth coming. Stickers for added HP coming doon
0b2742dc270f1a5dcfe7e353d290e173.jpg

BTS, LVL 2, 5.7 E, 3.92, DPSun, U Con 12"- 35 s and level siting in the Suez..
That looks awesome...what color is that and does it come in Limited and night edition?

Vasa1

Reaction score
Nice truck! My local dealership, here in Winnipeg who we deal with through work had one. I looked at it on a Friday and told my sales dude that I think about it over the weekend. Went on Monday to purchase and it got sold 15 mins before I arrived. I asked my sales guy if there were any more around. He said that another dealer had 2 but they were reluctant to give one up no matter how hard they tried. What the hell?

SaltyMac

Reaction score
Nice truck! My local dealership, here in Winnipeg who we deal with through work had one. I looked at it on a Friday and told my sales dude that I think about it over the weekend. Went on Monday to purchase and it got sold 15 mins before I arrived. I asked my sales guy if there were any more around. He said that another dealer had 2 but they were reluctant to give one up no matter how hard they tried. What the hell?
Oh man, that is rough. According to Ram, they only made 1000 of the tank color, I do not know if that includes Canadian allocation or not. I was surfing the web for about 2 months and this truck was in transit to a dealership that had some strong off the bat discounts so I put a deposit down. Took like 6 weeks to arrive , dealer told me they had 50 or 60 calls about it as it still showed on the Ram site as available.Got lucky.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Vasa1

Reaction score
Dealer told me that due to the truck shortage others dealers don’t want to give any up. If my dealer had a bts in a different colour, that would have worked to swap. Would it help if I went to that other dealer and asked?

SaltyMac

Reaction score
Finally had the lift, tires, bed-liner, tint and a few other goodies installed. I have posted the before and after, just one shot so far. I have not done any measurements and have not taken any more photos. (will get to that this weekend)
Long story short, dealer could not get the Ready lift to work unless they replaced the ORP struts/shocks and springs with stock ones and they did not want to Frankenstein it with subbing out spacers etc. So they installed the Rough Country 3.5 inch lift with new front RC coil overs, control arms and in the rear left the ORP springs and installed the RC rear shocks. (in my book cheap coil overs should be better than expensive spacer)

Initial impressions with the ride quality are positive, the long term will tell. Stiffer than stock but not as bad as my leveled '03 with fox shocks and aftermarket control arms. I will do my best to add more feedback about the lift as time goes on and the truck will see off-road action so that should provide some good tuck and droop situations so I can understand how the geometry will play, how the shocks and coils will work and highlight any concerns. Ram befoe and after.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread