5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taillight issue

Jdherr18

Reaction score
So I searched on here some but haven’t come across this exact issue. I have a 2019 Ram Bighorn, 5.7 L. I purchased the Alpha Rex Luxx tailights to change the factory halogen taillights to LED ones. These taillights look great, however my issues is that they only sometimes work. The brake and reverse lights always work, however the running lights frequently do not work at all, or only work for a few minutes before they stop. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when or why the do this. They connections appear to be ok, no visable issues. I was wondering if anyone smarter than me had any ideas on this? Here is the link for the exact tailights

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
First question, what does the company say about the taillight issue.

Jdherr18

Reaction score
First question, what does the company say about the taillight issue.
Crickets. I emailed them last week and haven’t heard a thing back. The website I purchased them from, Americantrucks.com, sent me a replacement pair of tailights, but alas, the issue remains with the new set as well.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Crickets. I emailed them last week and haven’t heard a thing back. The website I purchased them from, Americantrucks.com, sent me a replacement pair of tailights, but alas, the issue remains with the new set as well.
Well that is telling. Sounds like you’ve got a short somewhere in the wiring. Probably not directly at either of the tail lights, since it affects both. Somewhere further up, where the wiring isn’t split into two.

Have you checked for a loose fuse in your external PDC? My truck is different than yours, so I don’t know which fuse you’d need to check.

Jdherr18

Reaction score
Follow up, I checked all the fuses and they were all good. I emailed the company again, and the responded this time within a few hours, and said that “the 7 ohm resisters should be able to fix this problem.” Even though those are allegedly not needed but…..So….now I am just waiting on them to send me those.

Ravenous

Reaction score
Follow up, I checked all the fuses and they were all good. I emailed the company again, and the responded this time within a few hours, and said that “the 7 ohm resisters should be able to fix this problem.” Even though those are allegedly not needed but…..So….now I am just waiting on them to send me those.
Hey, did the resistors work?

Users who are viewing this thread