5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailights with blindspot monitoring

Hootowl

Reaction score
Any try to only replace tailight lens on 2019 ram with blind spot monitoring
Someone backed into light and left. Replacement lists for $894

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, it's not possible...
Found this Passenger side light on eBay....:

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
edit: i misread the post, only asking about the lens. My b. This is about the full replacement. If someone backed into you.. and also cracked both your taillight lenses but theres no other damage (??).. it still seems like a call to insurance. Esp when the lights are hundreds each.

Infotainment.com sells (or will shortly) a ‘add BSM’ kit for our trucks. Comes with both the BSM mirrors and the LED tails w/ BSM (red or blacked out). I... swear to god this kit was a full $1000 LESS a few weeks ago, because I thought at the time it was a good deal at like $1800.

However - at $3k+, which IS a bit more ‘infotainment.com’ price, its definitely expensive. Looks like they have an install vid on the page; https://www.infotainment.com/collec...nd-spot-monitoring-kit?variant=32507964031012

Lot of wiring to run for the BSM kit, and of course, you have to flash the truck for it to be recognized.

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Had to replace my driver side tail light and got it from All Mopar Parts for $550, free shipping with code.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not positive because I never actually did it but with my Gen 4 w/LED tail lights it appeared that you could pull it apart from the looks of the assembly. If that is the case with the Gen 5 then maybe you can find a bad light for cheap and salvage the lens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online