5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate

dschweers

Reaction score
The way I know its not closing well is because of dash warning. If I close it normally the dash says its not closed. If I slam like old truck, then I don't get a warning.

dschweers

Reaction score
A big warning that appears on the instrument cluster not enough?
Issue is that it should not have to be slammed for system to know it's closed. I can close and it will lock but the dash error comes on.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Issue is that it should not have to be slammed for system to know it's closed. I can close and it will lock but the dash error comes on.
Now I understand your question. Mine was initially hard to close completely and it took a "slam" to close it completely. Within a couple of weeks I could close it normally. Figured the rubber stops clearanced themselves.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The reason your getting the warning is because it's not fully latched even though it appears closed. I need to give my a little had push because of the tonneau cover gasket cause some resistance when closing the tail gate. Perhaps dealer can adjust latch.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine was the same way on the Laramie when I first got it, but after a few times closing it I don't have to slam it anymore. The Limited has the MFT, and it was the same. No longer have to slam either one anymore.

COSPILOT

Reaction score
I slam the tailgate shut, if I don’t I get the warning. Doors are easy to see not fully closed, tailgate not so easy. Rams, like all new vehicles is a computer that happens to have wheels. Temperamental on a good day and annoying on a bad day.

Users who are viewing this thread