5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate Swap

nickhop08

Reaction score
I have a 2020 tradesman and I wanted to replace my tailgate because of damage. I recently bought a 2023 bighorn tailgate someone was selling that matched my truck perfectly. Well once I took the tailgate off to replace with the newer one, I found that 1.) the electrical wiring is completely different and 2.) the hinges on the tailgate and the bed of the truck were different. On my truck now, there’s two male hinges. On the new tailgate there is a male and a female hinge, so it won’t work. Also, the male hinge on my truck is bigger in width than the opening for on the female hinge on the new tailgate. Before buying the tailgate, I read that the tailgates were interchangeable if you have the same style of truck. Anyone else have this issue? Or know how I can make the new tailgate work?

Attachments

• IMG_1416.jpeg
    IMG_1416.jpeg
    207.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1417.jpeg
    IMG_1417.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1418.jpeg
    IMG_1418.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Any chance your 2020 Tradesman is a 1500 Classic? Or maybe the donor (Not sure when they stopped making Bigh Horn Classics)? Pics of both tailgates would help (not just the hinges).

Users who are viewing this thread