5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate Pad for Mountain Bikes

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LOL! I put it on Friday and picked up a couch, then took it off the next day. :ROFLMAO:

I've been using this hitch mount rack for years. But I've been looking at the tray racks.

We have a Kuat NV 2.0. I really like it, but it's heavy with the 2 bike add on. Looking to get a Kuat Transfer for the car.

Your first link didn't work. I still have one like your second link. Don't care for it much. Don't use it much anymore. It was the only thing my wife's old recumbent would fit on, but we sold that bike.

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
I almost bought a tailgate pad, but talked to another guy with an eMTB who recommended I stay with the hitch rack. Paint issue was one thing, but lifting a 50lb over the tailgate, especially after a hard ride was the other.
What eMTB do you have? I have an Orbea Rise and carry it on a Thule T2 Pro XTR.

Attachments

• 83A6FC04-7C7F-4CF9-A729-C382B4852396.jpeg
    83A6FC04-7C7F-4CF9-A729-C382B4852396.jpeg
    237.1 KB · Views: 42

Smashius

Reaction score
What eMTB do you have? I have an Orbea Rise and carry it on a Thule T2 Pro XTR.

I like your style...

YQer6ma.jpg

Smashius

Reaction score
Cleveland. What trails are you riding on your Rise?

I ride all the local stuff here and in Cincinnati. It's been to Horns Hill a bunch (have you been?).

Had it to Brown County and Griffin Bike Park in Indiana. It's coming with me to Snowshoe this weekend to ride some of the back country stuff there. My DH bike handles the park duties.

You travel to ride at all?

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
I ride all the local stuff here and in Cincinnati. It's been to Horns Hill a bunch (have you been?).

Had it to Brown County and Griffin Bike Park in Indiana. It's coming with me to Snowshoe this weekend to ride some of the back country stuff there. My DH bike handles the park duties.

You travel to ride at all?
I am not a downhiller but I do go to DuPont/Pisgah twice a year to ride. Brown County and Snowshoe backcountry are on our list to try this fall.

Smashius

Reaction score
I am not a downhiller but I do go to DuPont/Pisgah twice a year to ride. Brown County and Snowshoe backcountry are on our list to try this fall.

Do you ride the eeb in NC?

Brown County is super fun, we get out there a couple times a year. As for Snowshoe, if you come to try the back country, you have to ride the park one day! I'll be happy to give you a tour of the DH trails (I'm there most weekends)!

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
Do you ride the eeb in NC?

Brown County is super fun, we get out there a couple times a year. As for Snowshoe, if you come to try the back country, you have to ride the park one day! I'll be happy to give you a tour of the DH trails (I'm there most weekends)!
Eeb? Not sure I know that one. Anyone hassle you when you ride your Rise at Brown County?

Deathbringer

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience installing a pad with Ramboxes? Not sure if the Ramboxes make a difference. I’ve be ordered a 2021 Rebel for May and have been looking at Evoc, Race Face and Dakine. I know that not each type will fit different trucks properly. I’m worried about the shape of the tailgate and compatibility of different pads. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2019 and I'm using a fox tailgate pad. ram boxes mean I can only fit 5 bikes. My 2018 with the same pad would take 7

Users who are viewing this thread