5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate light bar

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently this Curt connector allows you to use use the 5th pin and you don't have to splice.

CURT 56584 5-Way Flat Output
For the light bar one I listed, I would still have to hardwire a portion as the limited has BLIS, which I really don't want to do. I'm not sure why..i may ask them.

From Opt7 Website:

Adapter Module: Add if vehicle has a rear camera, tow-assist or a rear parking sensor.
Blind Spot Sensor Equipped Vehicles Must Hard-Wire Directly to Tail lights:

th3duke

Reaction score
For the light bar one I listed, I would still have to hardwire a portion as the limited has BLIS, which I really don't want to do. I'm not sure why..i may ask them.

From Opt7 Website:

Adapter Module: Add if vehicle has a rear camera, tow-assist or a rear parking sensor.
Blind Spot Sensor Equipped Vehicles Must Hard-Wire Directly to Tail lights:

From what I read, this 5 wire connector resolves that problem - that's why I mentioned it.

Hahny

Reaction score
Which model light and adapter(s) Did you get?
I used what Jamie.howlett recommended on the first page, you definitely need something with clips rather then just 2 sided tape. I spaced out each clip away with 4 washers and then used black zip ties in 2 spots without lights to add in holding it on

zignice

Reaction score
Planning doing the install with the Curt 55384. Can someone explain how to tap into the reverse lights?

jamie.howlett

Reaction score
I used clips, that way if I need to get to that camera access I can pop the light bar off for access to that panel.

stmrm01

Reaction score
I'll let you know...i emailed Opt7 and asked.
Was wondering if Opt7 got back to you on the BLIS system issue? I have a '19 Limited and was looking to install their Triple on mine, but not really interested in hard wiring off the taillights.

grinch72

Reaction score
Was wondering if Opt7 got back to you on the BLIS system issue? I have a '19 Limited and was looking to install their Triple on mine, but not really interested in hard wiring off the taillights.
Works fine. I got mine today. Haven’t installed but tested it using the 4-way connector. No issues at all with BLIS or anything else.

grinch72

Reaction score
I used clips, that way if I need to get to that camera access I can pop the light bar off for access to that panel.

What did you use for spacers? I’m going to use the clips for the same reason. I need them to stand out though to cover the thickness of the camera cable.

stmrm01

Reaction score
Works fine. I got mine today. Haven’t installed but tested it using the 4-way connector. No issues at all with BLIS or anything else.
Great. Let me know how the install process goes for you. The only thing that has kept me from getting it was the potential BLIS issue that was discussed in this thread. Are you planning on using the CURT connection to hide the wiring? Also interested on which clips you use as I still want to be able to access the spare tire if needed.

grinch72

Reaction score
Great. Let me know how the install process goes for you. The only thing that has kept me from getting it was the potential BLIS issue that was discussed in this thread. Are you planning on using the CURT connection to hide the wiring? Also interested on which clips you use as I still want to be able to access the spare tire if needed.

I plan on using the Curt 5 way to connect. The lightbar came with 3 clips that I’m going to use to install. Need to figure out a spacer for them but I’ll let you know what I use and post some pictures when done. Just waiting on the Curt adapter to show up!

stmrm01

Reaction score
I plan on using the Curt 5 way to connect. The lightbar came with 3 clips that I’m going to use to install. Need to figure out a spacer for them but I’ll let you know what I use and post some pictures when done. Just waiting on the Curt adapter to show up!
Sounds good. Anxious to hear how it went for you and any advice on what to look out for.

zignice

Reaction score
installed my Opt7 today. Seems to be working fine.
Found some cable tie holders on Amazon which were perfect since they had a hole for a screw in the center. Screwed them in and used the cable ties to attach the bar.
DSC - 1.jpg DSC - 1 (2).jpg DSC - 1 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread