5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tablet in the cup holder?

th3duke

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was curious to see if anyone has actually used the cup holder tablet slot?

We have a 2 year old grandson that is with us often, and he loves Paw Patrol :) So I figured we could get a tablet to put in there when the little guy gets cranky. There's some tablet holders for the headrests available off amazon, but was wondering if anyone tried the cup holder slot yet, and what are your thoughts.

Post some pics if you have some. :)

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was curious to see if anyone has actually used the cup holder tablet slot?

We have a 2 year old grandson that is with us often, and he loves Paw Patrol :) So I figured we could get a tablet to put in there when the little guy gets cranky. There's some tablet holders for the headrests available off amazon, but was wondering if anyone tried the cup holder slot yet, and what are your thoughts.

Post some pics if you have some. :)
I haven't used it personally, or seen it in use while driving...but at Chrysler @ Carlisle they had a Rebel and a Limited and both had a tablet in there for display.

It looked like it was well thought out.

All kinds of cool gadgets in this truck.

djwdjw

Reaction score
I've used it with 3yo many times. He prefers to hold the tablet and fiddle with it himself.

The slot fit depends on your tablet and case. I've used it with an iPad mini in an otterbox case. I think a standard un-cased regular iPad also works. My little guy has an uncontrollable inbred thing for throwing stuff, hence the otterbox case. I am guessing he'll be a southpaw major league pitcher someday.

These below and similar also work fine also if you want a mount. Installs and removes easily, and cheap. Works best with grown-ups that can reach far enough when buckled in.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CTH9STY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The same mount fits tablets, phones, even the tiny ipod (with wifi allows streaming just fine).

And I have to say I really like the truck's wifi hotspot for this purpose. I came from a vehicle with a full rear seat entertainment system, and was looking at another that had the same. But in the end, as the vehicle manufacturers have figured out, going with a less costly wifi hotspot (and customer's with bring-your-own-devices) streaming is pretty much the way to go. If your out of signal, then download stuff or look out the window or read a book!

Headphones also keep the driver from going nuts for passengers old enough to manage them.

Last edited:

Peterm1992

Reaction score
I usually come on this forum for info all the time on this forum. And I’ve notice the insert in my cup holder I don’t own a tablet but I was thinking about purchasing one for the rear seats but. .... see you serious all you people have no Real info on or pics about this like really I feel it’s a important feature that people should talk more about like pics of tablets in it, what kind of tablets work and so forth but then there’s usually like 200 reply’s on a forum post about a antenna or something stupid good job

MachineX

Young and retired in Texas...
Reaction score
I usually come on this forum for info all the time on this forum. And I’ve notice the insert in my cup holder I don’t own a tablet but I was thinking about purchasing one for the rear seats but. .... see you serious all you people have no Real info on or pics about this like really I feel it’s a important feature that people should talk more about like pics of tablets in it, what kind of tablets work and so forth but then there’s usually like 200 reply’s on a forum post about a antenna or something stupid good job
Why don't you go buy a truck and tablet and be the first to share the info from YOUR experience. If nobody is talking about it, it is not that important to them. If this is a topic that inspires such research, then be that groundbreaker and venture out into the world, find your evidence, and come back with your findings. We need to spend time and money for you?

BasicBarks

Reaction score
Why don't you go buy a truck and tablet and be the first to share the info from YOUR experience. If nobody is talking about it, it is not that important to them. If this is a topic that inspires such research, then be that groundbreaker and venture out into the world, find your evidence, and come back with your findings. We need to spend time and money for you?
Got em!!! Just going back to different old post. And I must say,, I like the way you handled that, I was going to say something but it seems like you got it taken care of!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've had quite a few people ride in the back of my truck, but none of them has brought a tablet along for the ride. Most people just use their phone. It seems like a useful feature at first glance, but I don't really see the practicality of it to be honest. My ipad only fits in the slot when placed in so the home button is at the bottom, and who watches a movie in portrait mode?

Users who are viewing this thread