5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Switch out front speings

benb1976

Reaction score
I have a 2021 4x4 Lonestar and got the Zone 6” lift from a local shop. Unfortunately that lift keeps a 1.3” rake on the vehicle. I upgraded to adjustable Bilstein in front and removed the Zone .8” preload spacer, and adjusted the shock for 2” of lift and the truck is dead level. Unfortunately the preload is too much and the driving is really rough here, so I found this thread and will be swapping my springs for #68320249AC which correspond to that chart posted above. Hopefully this softens the ride by eliminating preload. If there is any preload adjustment on the shock to get it back to level, it will be mininal like .5-1”, but at this point I’ll trade a little rake for ride quality.

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
I have a 2021 4x4 Lonestar and got the Zone 6” lift from a local shop. Unfortunately that lift keeps a 1.3” rake on the vehicle. I upgraded to adjustable Bilstein in front and removed the Zone .8” preload spacer, and adjusted the shock for 2” of lift and the truck is dead level. Unfortunately the preload is too much and the driving is really rough here, so I found this thread and will be swapping my springs for #68320249AC which correspond to that chart posted above. Hopefully this softens the ride by eliminating preload. If there is any preload adjustment on the shock to get it back to level, it will be mininal like .5-1”, but at this point I’ll trade a little rake for ride quality.
What am I not understanding here? Doesn't the zone 6" lift use lift springs? That chart is only to achieve an extra inch while running a 2 inch lift.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

R.Duff

Reaction score
These guys make after market front and rear springs . I put the heavy rate springs in the back of my truck recently, rides awesome.

benb1976

Reaction score
What am I not understanding here? Doesn't the zone 6" lift use lift springs? That chart is only to achieve an extra inch while running a 2 inch lift.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk
They do provide 5" rear lift springs. But the front lift is achieved by a top strut spacer and preload spacer. If one already has the off-road package then the truck doesn't require the preload spacer to be within 3/4" of level.

Users who are viewing this thread