5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Switch out front speings

Ccm12

Reaction score
I do not have the ORP package so am lacking the 1” lift that comes with it. To get the lift I want with eibach or bilstein I would have to set it at top clip or at a top spacer to my springs. I really don’t want to do either of these options as I hear it takes away the value of the shock. So what I am thinking is the only option is to upgrade the front springs. I could then reduce the clip setting. Has anyone switched out their non-ORP springs in the front for ORP springs. Is it just a simple swap or are other adjustments needed. If that is not a good option what have others switched their front springs to that avoid them having to preload the sprint with top clip setting.

Gatekeeper59

Reaction score
I'm looking to do the same thing. I have bilstein 5100s on order (all 4). I'm can't find the ORP spring part number anywhere. Looking aftermarket. Can't seem to find those anywhere either.

SquillyP

Reaction score
The ORP front springs part number is 68320249AC. Been looking to do the same thing but the springs seem to be on back order

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
I do not have the ORP package so am lacking the 1” lift that comes with it. To get the lift I want with eibach or bilstein I would have to set it at top clip or at a top spacer to my springs. I really don’t want to do either of these options as I hear it takes away the value of the shock. So what I am thinking is the only option is to upgrade the front springs. I could then reduce the clip setting. Has anyone switched out their non-ORP springs in the front for ORP springs. Is it just a simple swap or are other adjustments needed. If that is not a good option what have others switched their front springs to that avoid them having to preload the sprint with top clip setting.
Try offer up. Here in Southern California I seen a few on there come and go from people who got a actual lift kit and replaced everything

Ccm12

Reaction score
The ORP front springs part number is 68320249AC. Been looking to do the same thing but the springs seem to be on back order
This seems really cheap!?!?

Attachments

• 504B3BFF-B7D9-411B-93F2-C9723562CE52.png
    504B3BFF-B7D9-411B-93F2-C9723562CE52.png
    166.8 KB · Views: 65

Ccm12

Reaction score
I am starting to think the RC 3.5” lifted struts are the way to go.

Gatekeeper59

Reaction score
Are there different part numbers for the right and left side? It appears that they are separate numbers.

Ccm12

Reaction score
Right? I started another thread asking about this and I am seeing this part number for 16-18 each. 50-60 shipped for a pair.
It looks like there are about 20 options for rear spring conversions. I found a table on here and then looked at the tag on the ones I currently have. The orp version is $110 a spring. Not sure the real difference between those and the other orp options

cervelo15

Reaction score
Thanks for this chart, that really helped me. I crawled under the truck this morning and confirmed the front springs for me without an ORP group are 68320236AB. I also confirmed it's the same P/N for both left and right, so you just need to order a pair from the equivalent lifted spring column.

EDIT: Just ordered my springs for the front (68320249AC) and got a call from the local dealer 5 mins after i got email confirmation (jesus, that was fast) saying the springs were on backorder until early May. The dealer's going to keep an eye on it to see if it comes earlier, or possibly later.

Last edited:

Ccm12

Reaction score
That’s my understanding. What I am not clear about in regards to front springs is if any other assembly changes need to be done or if a simple swap can just be made. The rears appear to just allow a simple swap. I have a set of 5100 for front and back and they are sitting in garage as I debate adding a 2inch top hat strut spacer to front springs or get the ORP springs and a 1 inch top hat spacer. For the rears I can’t seem to decide between orp or icon. As I am not sure how much of a rear lift I will need to level or slightly raise rear above a 3.5” front lift

cervelo15

Reaction score
That’s my understanding. What I am not clear about in regards to front springs is if any other assembly changes need to be done or if a simple swap can just be made. The rears appear to just allow a simple swap. I have a set of 5100 for front and back and they are sitting in garage as I debate adding a 2inch top hat strut spacer to front springs or get the ORP springs and a 1 inch top hat spacer. For the rears I can’t seem to decide between orp or icon. As I am not sure how much of a rear lift I will need to level or slightly raise rear above a 3.5” front lift
I'm going on a limb here since I'm still in the planning stages for putting the Mopar lift with ORP springs on, but from what I have seen scanning these threads is it's a plug-n-play for the front springs. I have seen a couple stories of how much harder the ORP springs are to compress to get them onto the strut, but other than that, I haven't seen any other problems. Jeffjad is the member on here that gave me a ton of great info and he is running the 2" Mopar lift with the ORP springs up front.

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
Thanks for this chart, that really helped me. I crawled under the truck this morning and confirmed the front springs for me without an ORP group are 68320236AB. I also confirmed it's the same P/N for both left and right, so you just need to order a pair from the equivalent lifted spring column.

EDIT: Just ordered my springs for the front (68320249AC) and got a call from the local dealer 5 mins after i got email confirmation (jesus, that was fast) saying the springs were on backorder until early May. The dealer's going to keep an eye on it to see if it comes earlier, or possibly later.
So is there a right and left? Some places I see that part number say left, others say right. So I assume there's not, and that part number will work on right or left? Just need 2 with that number?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

cervelo15

Reaction score
So is there a right and left? Some places I see that part number say left, others say right. So I assume there's not, and that part number will work on right or left? Just need 2 with that number?

I thought the same, seeing as a lot of parts sites listed left vs right. But to prove to myself, I confirmed the other day when i crawled under my truck to see what the part number was for my existing springs. I expected to see 2 different part numbers, but when i checked right and left, they were the same part number. So i just ordered a pair of the ORP springs with the chart cross reference.

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
I thought the same, seeing as a lot of parts sites listed left vs right. But to prove to myself, I confirmed the other day when i crawled under my truck to see what the part number was for my existing springs. I expected to see 2 different part numbers, but when i checked right and left, they were the same part number. So i just ordered a pair of the ORP springs with the chart cross reference.
Lol I did the same after I posted that question. I found a set on flea bay and ordered. Should be here next week. I'm not even sure I'm going to use them yet but figured I'd get a set in my hands. I'm trying to figure out if need different uca's now if I swap the springs. I already have the Mopar lift kit installed with the uca's in that kit.

cervelo15

Reaction score
Lol I did the same after I posted that question. I found a set on flea bay and ordered. Should be here next week. I'm not even sure I'm going to use them yet but figured I'd get a set in my hands. I'm trying to figure out if need different uca's now if I swap the springs. I already have the Mopar lift kit installed with the uca's in that kit.

I decided to upgrade to the Rough Country UCAs. Only because the guy is going to have the front end apart anyways, figured he could install these UCAs for peace of mind. I’d much rather build it in while the front end is apart rather than having to take the front apart later to Install. Knowing me, if I didn’t go this route, Id be constantlay checking the angle to make sure it’s ok. Much rather take care of it up front.

1D32319

Reaction score
Anywhere I can find the difference in spring rate between the non ORP springs(what I have now) and the ORP springs?

I know there are aftermarket options, but I would rather use OEM parts for now. Seems like a simple way to gain an inch on all four corners. Not really looking to go up much more than that, but I need some clearance before buying tires.

I need to get airbags for the rear too, and I'm assuming 19'-UP RAM 1500/REBEL (STAINLESS) Rear ASAM (SQ7724956) will fit something with just an inch lift.

I want to do all my suspension stuff this summer before I get under there with the woolwax for rust prevention in the fall. Gets messy after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online